“Wow, I enjoyed every mouthful”
Review of Cellar Restaurant - CLOSED

Cellar Restaurant
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed June 3, 2011

Wow, this was by far the best meal I have had in a long, long time. The Cellar Restaurant is a really nice setting. The menu is simple and had plenty on it, yet it is clearly 5 star. The bread that comes to the table is a meal in itself, mini loaves that are fresh and gorgeous. Firstly we were brought a taster, pork cheek in a cube of asian spices, with pickled vegetables - I'd have loved more! I had the spring salad with feta to start - it was fresh and light. Others had the prawn ravioli and goats cheese mouse, I think mine was the winner. We were served a refreshing sorbet. I had lamb for my main, and wow, wow, wow - it was a treat to eat it. The goats cheese mash was lovely and fluffy and the meat was tender and tasty. The fillet steak looked impressive, as did the duck and sea bass. We didn't have desert, but I was tempted, there was a great choice. I will definitely be going back. The early bird menu looks great, and good value. I can see why President Obama choose the Merrion!!

Reviewed May 6, 2011

Had dinner here whilst staying in the Merrion. The food was excellent, as was the service. Would go back.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

buzzy atmosphere , nice food, friendly efficient staff , we had a bottle of wine and a cheese board, all in all for something light in a good atmosphere its worth a visit.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

This is a really lovely hotel restaurant contained within Hotel Merrion. The food and service are of a very high standard and everyone is trying really hard to please. An excellent place to eat.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

we stayed here recently after getting a voucher and dinner was sub standard but they do very good breakfast