“Healthy food while traveling: a blessing!”
Review of Farm Restaurants

Farm Restaurants
Ranked #101 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, Central European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: FARM restaurants are Irish owned, family run restaurants in the heart of Dublin, Ireland. We opened Farm, 3 Dawson Street in 2007, near to Trinity College, the Lord Mayor’s Mansion House, Grafton Street, Dáil Éireann (the Irish Parliament) and St. Stephen’s Green. Farm, 133 Upper Leeson Street opened in the Summer of 2012, and is also a short and lovely walk from St Stephen’s Green. Farm 133 Leeson Street is a Georgian building with lovely views of Christ Church, Leeson Park, and close proximity to some of Dublin’s finest residential areas and the beautiful Grand Canal.We love Irish food and ingredients. Our menus take inspirations from some far-flung destinations, but we source locally as many of our ingredients as possible, and a large proportion of our meat, vegetables, and other ingredients are organic – free from GM, artificial additives, fertilisers, growth promoters and herbicides. We believe that this is better for your health, better for the environment, better for farmers, and more delicious! We display certificates from all of our organic produce suppliers. Many gluten-free and vegetarian options are available.We are delighted that many of our customers are regulars – from business-people who want more than a mass-produced salad and sandwich for lunch, to couples lingering over a romantic meal, from families with high-chairs and high-spirits to old-friends re-uniting in Dublin after years apart. All are welcome at Farm restaurants.We are pleased to accept reservations. Farm 133 Upper Leeson Street has a private dining-room available for up to 30 people. Farm Gift Vouchers are welcomed.Farm, 3 Dawson Street, Dublin 2, is open from 11am until 11pm.Farm, 133 Upper Leeson Street, Dublin 4 open from 11am until 11pm and offers a take-away/delivery menu and, at the weekend, a brunch menu full of favourites.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I'm not a huge meat eater, so I really appreciate a menu with interesting variety of vegetarian offerings. The polenta cakes I ordered were just the ticket, and very filling! I was only in town for a week and wanted to try as many different places as I could in that short time, or I would have come back here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Craving something wholesome, we saw a reference to this restaurant in a Rick Steves' guidebook and were delighted to find that it was close by, just a block from Trinity College. (I note that there are 2 different Trip Advisor entries for the same restaurant. The Farm Restaurants on Dawson St and Leeson St are part of the same company according to the business card they give out.) We ordered a bowl of olives as a starter and it was a flavorful assortment. Then I had the veggie burger that was a combination of quinoa, couscous and feta in a pool of tomato sauce. It was wonderful.It came with a salad on the side of baby beetroot with a balsamic dressing. My husband had an entree called "Beet Yourself Up" that was a large delicious beetroot patty that came with a salad and vegetable. That meal was so good, we came back again 2 days later. This time we tried the daily early bird special. My starter was hummus with tapenade and pita bread and fresh vegetables. Our entree was baked sweet potato mash with lentils and chunks of sweet potato and cumin. It came with a side of green beans, broccoli, asparagus, spinach and zucchini. My husband had the rhubarb cake with ice cream. All were terrific. We found the staff to be efficient and helpful. This restaurant provides a tasty alternative to traditional Irish fare.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I visited for an early dinner on my last day of business trip in Dublin. I chose from the 2-course set menu and had the Irish sirloin steak with rosemary chips and mushy peas for mains and a jus, and the Bailey's bread and butter pudding with crème anglaise for dessert.

The beef was decent quality, but mushy peas was a strange accompaniment. The accompanying jus was uninspiring in flavour, and the chunky chips didn't have much of a rosemary hint.

The bread pudding was more delightful. I didn't really taste the Bailey's, but dessert was wholesome.

Altogether the meal was €30 with a glass of red, which is OK value although the normal menu definitely looks pricier.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here for a dinner with family, based on tripadvisor reviews. The food was ok, but we expected more given the reviews it has, but the service was very poor. The staff were unhelpful and not very patient or understanding with my elderly mothers needs. Will not be returning here.

3  Thank AislingO444
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The overall look of the place is nice, with very attentive staff and good customer service. The seating was ok, but not the most comfortable. There is also a helpful bell on your table so that you can call the waitress over if you need something else. This cleverly takes the anxiety out of trying to catch the waiting staff's attention and also gives you a bit more control over the pace with which you get served. We had bought a voucher deal and ordered two starters and two mains off the a la carte menu! The chicken wings were devine and not too spicy! The farm basket with filo pastry, absolutely delicuos and both were a reasonble size. We both had the free range chicken (as we wanted a sunday dinner type meal) and it was cooked to perfection with a delicious gravy type sauce and perfectly cooked vegetables. The bacon mixed in with the potatoe made them even more mouth watering and a perfect additon to the dish. Overall we were delighted with our meal and were contently stuffed by the end of it. We sadly did not have room for dessert but shall endeavour to try one next time. Overall we both agreed that you can really taste the difference in good quality organic/freerange ingredients and it is worth the cost. That said our bill came to approx €63 with tea and lemonade on top of our two starters and mains. The voucher entitled us to €60 of food and drink and so it worked out nicely. I wanted to have something alcoholic from the full bar with my meal, but due to the limited range, opted for soft drinks instead. It woudl be nice if they extended their spirits range ever so sightly, as I felt they missed out on sales! Next time we shall try the early bird/lunch menu as it looks like great value for money for what really is good quality food!!!