“Great location”

Ranked #42 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Larne, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Big comfortable bed, clean and spacious. Free WiFi too. Only two stops on the Dart to the Aviva & walking distance to city centre. Access via fob to side door as rooms above bar. Never had any noise issue, so def recommend the Lombard.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed over Memorial Day weekend - from Saturday through Wednesday. It was in a perfect location - about 10 minutes from the Grafton Street area - but in a quieter location of Dublin. Our room was #3 (2 twin beds) and right above the street. It was completely quiet every night after 10:30 and even before that, we didn't really hear anyone either. The hotel/townhouse is within a 1 minute walking distance of the DART/train station which was great for getting on the train going to Howth, Dalkey, etc.

We really enjoyed our stay here. Hot showers, wifi worked great, tv worked fine. The only things we didn't see in the room were a phone and an alarm clock. Other than that, a great room for a very reasonable price. The staff in the pub were very helpful upon arrival which was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jdbruegger
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here Thursday-Sunday, the first night was great. The room was adequate, and it is a great location, however I would not recommend staying here on the weekends unless you plan on being up until 3am.

The "pub" turned into a dance/night club type bar on Friday and Saturday nights, and we could hear everything from blaring music to yelling until 3 am.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

First impression was nice spacious rooms. tea and coffee facilities, plenty of towels and toiletries. I was in room 4 which is a room for three but there was only two of us. There is a sign in the room which says if you leave towels on the floor then they will leave fresh towels which they didn't do. also did not empty bin. there is only one small bin in the bathroom would be better if there was also a bin in the actual room. bathroom was spotless but the room itself was quite dusty. However the location is amazing. only 30 minute walk to the temple bar area. I went to dublin to watch a show at the o2 and its about a 45 minute walk. with the rooms being above a pub be prepared for lots of noise and loud music until the early hours. we went for breakfast downstairs the next day and although it is not included in the price of the room, I think it is very reasonably priced compared to other places in dublin area. Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would stay there again. If they considered double glazed windows, that would be a bonus!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband Iand I stayed here on the Sat night of the May Bank holiday as we were in Ireland for a friends wedding.

Check in is in the bar which is expected if the rooms are above the bar, we stayed in Room 5 which was on the second level and when we went in the room hadn't been cleaned.

So back downstairs to the bar to wait for the cleaner to come in and change the sheets & towels so thankfully we just stayed in the bar for a late lunch and a drink.

When we went back the room was spotless, the room was on the small side which was fine as we weren't planning on being in the room all day. Nice big bed on the firm side which I prefer. Toiletries are provided as well as tea and coffee making facilities.

Our radiator wasn't working and there was a small fan heater in the room. We were fortunate that the weather was nice and cool but not freezing as the little blow heater wouldn't have made much of a difference.

There is a separate fob entrance next to the pub to get to the rooms and as previous reviewers have mentioned it is stairs only so not good for people with mobility issues.

Overall i would stay again as it was fairly cheap for Dublin, clean and convenient.

Room Tip: Room 5 on the second level overlooked the back of the pub.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Best about the Lombard were the large rooms and that they had no carpet.
Ideal location to reach most places by foot as well.
Bathroom and floor were not too clean, which was the only downside.
Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
cork
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed in Lombard Townhouse in Room 2 on the first floor facing the street no problem with noise at night. The rooom was excellent with large flat screen TV and tea & coffee making facilities. The room was spotless as was the bathroom which had a heated towel rail. Had a problem with trying to work out how to use the shower so I would advise asking the staff how it works on checking in. The radiator was turned off but is easy to turn on & then the room is nice & cosy. I stayed there for a concert in the 02 & thought I would have a problem according to some of the reviews on getting in after the concert but I had no problem as I got a key with a fob attached & this scans the door.
Breakfast doesn't start till 9.30 & is not included in the price. The first morning I went to the pub for breakfast because of the convenience when I went in they were sweeping & cleaning the bar. I ordered tea toast & cereal. The tea arrived first & twenty minutes later the toast arrived by which time the tea was cold. I asked about the cereal & the girl said it wasn't ready I asked the type of cereal & she said porridge. I didn't wait for it as I wasn't very confident of what it was going to be like based on my experience so far. I was only charged €3.50 so I had no quibble with the price which was fair. I think that their number one priority is the bar & they are not really interested in the accomodation side of the business.
The location is convenient enough but you would need to be used to walking, for example the 02 is about 30 minutes walk and O Connell street 15 minutes and Grafton street about 20 minutes. These times are based on walking at a fairly fast pace. The Lombard Townhouse is excellent value for two people sharing but for a solo traveller it is not such good value. I booked a single room but got a twin bedded room & the price was for two persons so obviously they don't cater for solo travellers . I think that breakfast should be included if only one person is using and paying for a room for two persons.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo