“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Olesya's Wine Bar

Olesya's Wine Bar
Ranked #254 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: Mediterranean, European, Gluten Free Options, Wine Bar, Platters.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Great selection of ports, wines and sherries, but regrettably waitress who served us had absolutely no clue! Staff should know a lot more about the products they are selling in such a specialised business!
Saying all that, great little place and we totally enjoyed our glass of port! I love Alessia!

Dublin, Ireland
“My favourite place in Dublin ”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Love the wine
Love the atmosphere
Love the bread
Love the dips
Love the cheese and meat platter
Love the view
Love love love it
I easily visit this place once a month. Amazing spot

Dublin, Ireland
“Worst Birthday Meal ever”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I chose this wine bar on the recommendation of a young chef my partner and I know for couple of years..(He is in trouble now).We were told that the food is excellent and just have to ask the waiter/waitress to bring matching wine to the food we order.
Despite of a chilli Friday evening the staff seemed adamant to leave the front door and French windows open therefore most of the customers were sitting in their jacket.
The tables are small and cramped together. We were cold and unimpressed. I was about to suggest to my partner to have a glass of wine (8-10Euro) and leave when he pointed the mirror behind me that showed the daily special, duck leg confit, one of my favourites so we decided to stay. My partner ordered beef stroganoff. I asked the waiter for wine to go with the duck...he was clueless and could not even pronounce beaujolais. The stroganoff was bland and anaemic looking while my duck leg was melting off the bone but the skin was soggy and unappetizing. As a bonus we both had sore stomach for the rest of the night.

Cork, Ireland
“My favourite restaurant in Dublin”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The food, the staff, the ambience, the wine - this place is a winner. Any excuse I can find to eat here I do!

Dublin, Ireland
“Wine, cheese and good food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had lunch menu with a great white wine here in the cool rainy autumnal September. Love the dark panelling with wines stacked up on the wall, just like an old library feel. Extensive wine list and staff very helpful to suggest wine to try, although I had my eye on the Tokaji already. Would definitely come back again for the relax atmosphere, wine and good food.