New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Olesya's Wine Bar
Ranked #331 of 2,453 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Ottawa, Canada
“Very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stopped in for a glass of wine after having had a disappointing meal elsewhere and were pleasantly surprised by this place. Lovely decor, very peaceful and cozy. We ended up having a bottle of Lebanese wine (who knew?!) and it was fantastic. The person working suggested we try it and we were not disappointed. They have a fantastic selection of wines. We had a peek at the menu and it looked quite nice. The prices are not cheap however this is one of those special occasion restaurants that you go to when you want the meal & wine to be perfect. If we lived in Dublin, this would be our restaurant for those special times in our life.

• Visited April 2013

“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed a lovely meal here for his birthday.
The service was very good and the atmosphere was warm and friendly. The wine selection was extensive and caters for all tastes and budgets. We enjoyed a very generous and very tasty meat and cheese platter whch was perfectly complimented by the delicious wine. I'm looking forward to my next visit already!

Visited November 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice place for a glass of wine & late snack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited Olesya's after the theatre on Thursday night. We got there at close to 10pm but received a warm welcome even at that late hour. We had two starters & shared a Ribeye steak for main (they had no problem about us sharing unlike many restaurants). Stake was cooked to perfection. Friendly service and a really extensive wine list catering for all tastes & pockets. The ambience was difficult to judge as there were few customers while we were there (it was a really cold, wet and stormy March night and there were few about!). I liked that they did not rush us even though they probably wanted to clean up. We will definitely be back.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I returned to Ireland again this year, and we were on the hunt to find, "that great place we stopped in last year, that had such a great selection of wine, and the delectable cheese plate.." We'll, I'm happy to report after a few days in Temple Bar, we found it again! This time I grabbed a card, as we will definitely make this a traditional stop when in Dublin!

“Great wine, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just brought some clients for a dinner to Olesya's. I am a regular there and was moved to write a review by the review which said don't eat there. I couldn't disagree more. The food is always superb in my view and my clients thought so too (I know they weren't spoofing). The steak is, in my view, the best in Dublin. I also love the soup and herring there. Their platters are very good, with some top of the range meats and cheeses and delicious home made dips. It never ceases to amaze me how misinformed some people in Dublin are on the subject of food. Sorry if that sounds arrogant but I have eaten in many of the best restaurants in the world over a 25 year period and believe I know what I'm talking about.