“Lovely setting, nice food”
Review of Vermilion

Vermilion
Ranked #93 of 2,756 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Vermilion is an award winning Indian fine dining restaurant in Terenure Village. Open since 2001 it has proved a firm favourite with locals and visitors alike. Vermilion was recently voted Readers Choice Best Restaurant in Dublin in the Food & Wine Restaurant of the Year Awards 2015 and was shortlisted in the Best Manager and Best 'Kids Size Me' categories in the RAI Restaurant of the Year Awards 2015
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Went for dinner here last week, having heard good reports. The restaurant is really nicely designed & staff very welcoming. Drinks order was taken promptly & a dish of nibbles arrived soon after. Another reviewer mentioned they paid e2.50 for a glass of Coke poured from a large bottle-on our visit we got a can of Diet Coke-an improvement? I'm not sure! The mixed starter was very nice, the onion bhajis too. After quizzing the waiter, I tried the Murg Shahajahani which was really fab. Amongst the party, we also tried the Jalfrezi, Korma & Tikka Masala-all very good. I agree its a bit pricy for portions that were a bit on the small side but all in all, a very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had a really nice meal here just before Christmas.
Couldn't make up my mind which starter to have so had the mixed platter which had a little taste of all my favourites, though 'little' is misleading because it's quite a generous starter. For main I had one of my favourite Indian dishes, chicken jalfrezi. Have to say it was probably the best jalfrezi I've tasted, full of big juicy pieces of pepper & onion as well as plenty of chicken. Lovely. I'm not a big dessert person but it was very nice to be able to have a single scoop of ice cream to finish.

The restaurant itself was nicely buzzy without being noisy. Service was friendly & attentive. Starters arrived quite quickly and there was a nice pause before the mains arrived - just the way I like it. No pressure to leave either when we were finished eating. All in all a really enjoyable dining experience.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Hadn't been to Vermillion in a long time after finding the staff quite rude and dismissive in the past. We had been given a gift of a voucher tis time and decided to give the place another go. So glad we did. Service was really friendly and attentive (although they were a little over zealous about asking for our voucher!) Food was EXCELLENT. I love Indian food and it felt like this found had been made with real care. Well presented, beautiful flavours. Wine list is great. Felt comfortable and welcome. Delighted to say I'll be back!

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a family occasion. It was my first visit but had been a long time wanting to try it. The restaurant itself is really nice. They seem to do a good take away trade, with a screened off area with comfortable chairs for those customers as they wait to collect their orders.
Crackers and dips were provided as we looked at the menus and were replenished as two of the group of 6 munched happily. Orders were taken and drinks provided. And here was my first problem. 2.50 euro for a glass of diet coke that was poured from a 2 litre bottle. By my estimation they are charging 15 euro for every 2 litres of soft drinks they serve.
Next problem - at 18 euro per main course I presumed rice would be included. At 2.75 a portion it brings the cost of the main course to just short of 21 euro. Not cheap, but certainly expensive if you count the 8 chunks of chicken in my main dish.
The house wine was nice and probably reasonable enough. The rest of the wine list was expensive.
Will be going for the take away option the next time.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We love the food in Vermillion, often bring friends there as well. There starters are big enough portions and they also bring dips and some snack as a courtesy.