“Lovely meal”

Cuisines: French, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Description: The Blackboard Bistro understands the simple art of Risotto and a starter of leek and bacon risotto with fresh oregano, lemon zest & creme fraiche proves this point beautifully with all the flavours balanced, expressive and just right. Everything else that comes from the kitchen is just as precise! Mc Kenna Guides - 100 best Irish Restaurants 2013
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went for meal Wed evening, restaurant quite busy, mix of regulars and tourists, very friendly welcome and service and food delicious

2  Thank hugh2055

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I just had a wonderful lunch in the blackboard bistro un compromised relaxed fine dining in friendly surroundings with amazing food try the pork with polenta and Granny Smith apple with red wine jus just gorgeous squid was perfectly cooked presentation amazing as was the poached pear with blue cheese . Way too full to try desert . Can't wait to return .

4  Thank janbIreland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Small intimate restaurant off the beaten track, but worth the find! Only found out about it because of a couple from Northern Ireland who new of it.

2  Thank 082047
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just had another great dinner in the Blackboard Bistro! If you want to experience quality French cuisine that’s exceptional value for money, I would thoroughly recommend this lovely restaurant. The food is consistently good, elegantly presented and beautifully cooked. The service is always attentive and the atmosphere cosy and relaxing. The menu is not huge but I think there is something there for everyone. Usually I opt for the butternut squash risotto to start but decided this time to have the grilled filet of mackerel served with saffron risotto followed by grilled sea trout served with baby spinach and potatoes - all delicious!! As for the dessert – the amazing ginger crème brulee was back on the menu. My mouth just waters thinking back. Another lovely regular on the dessert menu that I can recommend is the lemon sorbet served with basil and a shot of vodka – delicious! One of the things my wife and I really appreciate is the fact that the portion sizes are just right, meaning you can really indulge and have a starter, main course and dessert. The wine list is good too – with lots of wines available by the glass. We usually have the Cotes de Ventoux. We will definitely be back.....

3  Thank Peter J
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a surprise after a trip to the Museum, we had a lovely time at this friendly restaurant serving seriously good food. My starter was a delicious Saffron Risotto with Mackerel followed by a lovely Cod Dish. It had a small menu but everything looked tempting. The wine list again is short and seems to be all French. We had a half bottle of Chablis which was outstanding. Would highly recommend. Great value and since we live and work in Dublin and eat out a lot, I can tell you this place is hard beat. Can't believe I haven't seen this place before. I feel like I found my Christmas present early.

1  Thank brianm2037