“A great little sushi restaurant in Ireland (yes it's true)”
Review of Michie Sushi

Michie Sushi
Ranked #589 of 2,699 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Michie Sushi Ranelagh opened in 2007 in a laneway in Ranelagh, after starting off as a catering and take away business, we added a delivery service and rebuilt the take away into a small restaurant. Our passion for sushi and service have been noticed and we are holding the Makenna Award for Best Sushi in ireland for 6 years running.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Easily the best sushi in Ireland. Drove over to Ranelagh last night from Clontarf to collect takeway. I have eaten in the restaurant a few times and I have to say the food is on a par with eating in good sushi restaurants in Tokyo, London or New York. The Temaki rolls were great as was the soft shell crab and the quality of the sashimi was really good. All in all a really well executed and very tasty meal - highly recommended. Please open a Northside restaurant (in Clontarf) :)

1  Thank Cos77112

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I've been there now a couple of times and I must say that they serve the best sushi there I have ever eaten! The quality of food there is just brilliant! I can hardly recommend this cute and friendly restaurant!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I just tried Michie this month after hearing a good review about it.

When I ordered on the phone the woman dealing with me could not have been nicer; she was excellent.

The food arrived with half of it spilled in the bag.

And the food itself.....it was absolutely disgusting. The sushi was fresh but not to my taste; so that's an individual thing. But then we had the chicken katsu curry and the
Yaki Udon with chicken....absolutely vile!! Both were truly disgusting.

Should've sticked to ordering good old Maos.

2  Thank Honeymooner2527
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Was very excited to see a Japanese open locally but unfortunatly the quality of fish and general taste is FAR below that of the standards of the options closer to town.

The cost for the quality is completely ridiculous, they either need to up their standards or lower the price.

I would advise against even trying it, I'd go the extra distance into town to save money and being disappointed!

4  Thank SF_dublin
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We bought a couple of uramaki combos as take-outs for lunch which comprised of 2 pieces each of California, Tuna and Salmon uramaki. We were a bit disappointed when we got them home to find that the tuna and salmon uramaki comprised of chopped tuna and salmon mixed with mayonnaise which tasted a lot like the tinned versions of these fish (I'm not saying they were tinned, just that they were pretty similar to tinned fish flaked and mixed with mayonnaise). I have to confess that I was still quite hungry after eating the six pieces and at €1.50 a piece I'm not sure they represent good value for a take-out lunch. The road that the restaurant is on has absolutely no parking so you will have to pay for parking on one of the adjacent roads if you come by car. The restaurant itself has seven small tables and is basic in terms of decor. My rating is solely based on the one take-out I had - your own experience may differ.

2  Thank Tablepourdeux