“Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Temple Bar
Description: Situated in the heart of Temple Bar, La Caverna is a little taste of Italy in Dublin creating a tradition of excellence. With three levels, each comfortably seating up to 40 people, La Caverna is ideal for groups old all sizes. The newly renovated 300 years old Wine Cellar is a beautifully crafted 18th Century Barrel Vault, updated with soft lighting and superb selection of over 150 premium wines from Italy, France and Spain,Portugal, Argentina,California, Chile, Australia, South Africa. We have vegan and gluten - free options.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booked a table for 20 ppl earlier this month to celebrate my best friends 40th birthday :) we were seated in the private section on the top floor which was fantastic and catered for our noisy party!!
Service was very prompt and the food was outstanding, very tasty and plenty of it. We wanted for nothing throughout the evening which was ideal with us being such a large party to cater for. Some say quite expensive, but I say it's worth every penny :)
I will definitely return here when I visit Dublin again and would recommend to each and everyone of you reading this review.

1  Thank m_shell164

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of the excellent reviews, but my expectations were a little more. As vegetarian, I ate a minestrone soup, which was really delicious, but the primavera was just too oily, the broccoli too hard. Anyway it was acceptable.

The atmosphere was good, excepting that upset waitress who was unable to smile. I love Italian cuisine, but this restaurant won't be one of my favourite places in Dublin.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We recently had visitors from abroad, neither of whom had been to the UK or Ireland before, so we wanted them to experience something special.

We were delighted with La Caverna - we all had fillet steak which was superb! Ambience, service and presentation was delightful and our guests were very impressed. I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We don't often go out for meals (as we cook a lot ourselves). However when we want to go out La Caverna is our first choice. We love fillet steaks, and if you want a perfect one than La Caverna is the right place to go. Anytime we went there, the steaks were perfect (we wouldn't want anything changed). At this time even our sons love the steaks. And our favourite desert (Tiramisu) is always available, fresh and delicious. But words can't describe it all. You have to try it yourself.
And not least important, if you go there twice they will remember you. They will look after you like after a VIP.

We tried to cool steaks at home - but each time we failed to come even close the their ones.
So, if you want a great Fillet Steak and desert to finish with a gd desert, than La Caverna is the right place to go.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

With a excellent location situated in Dublin city center, in the heart of Temple Bar, La Caverna Restaurant has a nice and rich menu. Staff are friendly and food is good. So far I gave to this restaurant 5 stars.

1  Thank flyup007