“A last minute lunch that was great”
Review of Hugo's

Hugo's
Ranked #132 of 2,774 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went here during that time when there's not enough time to do much but one has to be quick enough to then go on and catch a 'plane. Don't what to make it sound like it waas disappointment however as it most certainly wasn't. Possibly not quite as good as the meal we'd had the night before but pretty marvellous non the less! Was enthralled by smoked haddock carbonara and even though it doesn't quite sound right it was delicious. If there was any criticism I could have done without the peas in it but I can understand they were added for colour. Not that they harmed it; merely unnecessary. A top notch and thoroughly enjoyed meal.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

My son and I ate at this establishment which says Hugo's Wine bar, however there is no
bar, which is amusing. But our overall experience was very good. They waited on us reasonably
quickly. We never knew which person was going to be our server since they alternated. However
servers were friendly. The male server was more friendly than the female server. We ordered the
meal and were very pleased with the food quality. I ordered Corn Fed Breast of chicken which
was very tasty. My son had the scallops which were equally good. The interior design is outstanding. The outside is pretty dingy, so you should look farther into the restaurant. The
walls are hung with classic prints of european paintings. I thoroughly recommend you go to
this restaurant. It is close to the Merrion Hotel and the Shelbourne Hotels.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Food was OK but menu is very limited!! Our basic issue was not with the food but with the staff and male manager walking around singing and clicking their fingers to the background music like there was nobody there. I'm not paying over €20 to listen to someone clicking their fingers and singing stuff while walking all around where were eating!! Saying that I doubt the chicken liver pate was even chicken liver in fact it looked like cheep Aldi horse pate or something like that. The smoked haddock pasta had practically no fish in and tasted of nothing. Plenty of salt and pepper needed here. Would not be going back here sorry!!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a great beginning to our dining experience, but the ending turned our rating to less than excellent. We began with a great server with an average knowledge of the menu, but energetic. The service was fantastic and the transition went well between the servers with an excellent service. Our primary issue was with the hostess, as we departed the restaurant and complimented the chef, as we walked out the door, we heard "blah, blah, blah" as she indicated to our replacement server.
Short story made long, we indicated we planned to attend dinner on Friday prior to our departure on Saturday..NOT going to happen.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Food and ambience is super here. I have visited lots of times and have neven been disappointed.
Well worth a visit.