“Great selection of wine!”
Review of Hugo's

Hugo's
Ranked #72 of 2,573 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Great selection of wine!”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Very good food and an excellent selection of wine! Great atmosphere and nice, professional service. Will defo recommend!

Visited February 2012

Channel Islands
“Hospitality at its best”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were a group of 7, with no prior booking on what was probably the busiest weekend in Dublin, and the restaurant manager went out of her way to make room for us by juggling other bookings around. The food, wine and general ambience was excellent - our only regret was that we could not stay and enjoy it longer. Will definitely return on a quieter weekend!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Venison - but the customer is always wrong!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a mixed review. We ate on a Saturday night. The restaurant has a fantastic ambience and is buzzing. The Wicklow Venison was stunning as was the lovely bottle of Cote du Rhone. However, the Boef Bourgignon was way too salty and we politely complained. To be fair, they did not charge us for this - however that was not what we were looking for. The maitresse d' firmly stated that their chef was from Lyon and that he knew how to make his food - there was no hint of an apology - indeed the look we got suggested we did not know what good food was!

Would I go back - probably - but would stick to the Venison!

Santa Barbara, California
“very good food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a delicious dinner, lots of choice, great atmosphere, wonderful experience. Pretty reasonably priced for that level of quality in Dublin.

1 Thank Frederika881
Limerick, Ireland
“Ok Food, Poor, unfriendly slow service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Ok Food, Poor, unfriendly slow service, the food was ok, my steak was cooked perfectly but the mash was very watery & cold. Too much red onion reduction. The restaurant is lovely and it is a nice restaurant to relax in, except I just didnt want to. Once I had eaten I just wanted to go. I felt the staff just ignored us. Despite the restaurant being empty (It was 5.45pm), the staff shoved the 4 tables that were occupied into one corner, and despite this we still couldnt get staff attention. I have heard similar opinions from my colleagues also who were not surprised by my experience. I am joining there vow to not return to Hugo's.

Visited November 2012