“Been there twice....and had enough . No more...”
Review of Il Fornaio IFSC

Il Fornaio IFSC
Ranked #769 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Il Fornaio is a family run restaurant & bakery serving Authentic Italian Food since 1998. We promote a healthy Authentic Mediterranean diet, by using no additives and no preservatives in our traditional Italian Cooking. We only use carefully selected ingredients. Il Fornaio serves a variety of pasta, meat, fish dishes & pizza complemented by our exclusive Italian wine. Our breads are baked daily in our bakery. Start your own tradition with us.
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I work in the IFSC area and it happened to me to go to this Italian Restaurant twice...
First time I took a pizza with anchovies, discovering that they had replaced the anchovies - usually salty, tasty, brown - very often used on a Pizza, with sardines, the grey kind, very oily and not tasting good at all on a pizza...I complained telling the waitress that if they don't have one topping, they should say in advance to the customer and do not trying to cheat, hoping to find an ignorant that can not see the difference between two such different items...
I gave them another chance and found that it was a terrible decision, going there with my son and getting a table in the corner, so near the toilette that we had to move the chair every time a customer had to pass.
Luckily the place was almost empty and infact I was annoyed that they did not offered us a better table, though we were two persons and the table were set for four.
Anyway, I cancelled this restaurant from my list as there are so many others around.....

1  Thank GiorgioG_11

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Popped in here for Lunch with my mother recently. What drew our attention to it was how busy it was compared to other near by places. We were lucky there was one table free when we called. Many others were turned away after us ( this probably had to do with a conference nearby).

There was a good range of food available. We opted for the lunch special that was two course for under €10. The food was tasty, freshly cooked. The Main courses were very large for us. One between two for lunch would have been plenty.

House wine was fine, coffees were good. Staff were friendly despite being rushed off their feet.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Pizza was tasty also the caesar salad ....coffee always good and bread and pastries are yum!...not too expensive either..have been to both Kilbarrack and ifsc restaurants..like the fact that they are run by an Italian family...

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Me and my colleague went to Il Fornaio for lunch and Seafood Pasta. From the look of it we know that the sauce is made of pack of tomato soup you buy for lunch in Spar/Mace. The taste is horrible and it is not Italian food as you would expect in any of Italian Restaurant. Other than that, most probably the pizza is good, but we have not yet try it. Also, you will find that the prices are cheap. But please do not have high expectation. You will be disappointed.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This food is great and the prices are so cheap. They may not have the biggest venue or the most extensive menu but what they do they do brilliantly and take a pride in their work.