“Tasty food and good service”
Review of Carluccio's

Carluccio's
Ranked #378 of 2,721 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've eaten here a number of times and always enjoy it. I think dinner is great value if you don't get sucked in to ordering sides (which they will try to get you to do). As a veggie I love the pasta with courgette dish that they do which is great value at about €10 if I remember correctly. I'm not taken with their desserts but I think their mains are yum.
Always great friendly service too and when I was there last myself and my friend sat there for 3 hrs feeling no pressure that we had to leave once we had finished eating.
Oh and this place always has a great buzz about it!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The best Italian food in Dublin city. Easy to get to if you're already in the city centre, the staff are charming and efficient, with a high standard of service. The food is very rich, don;'t bother if you're not really hungry, although the coffee is great as well.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were on a 4 day stay to Dublin as a family of 5 (2 Adults 3 Children) and were in need of something good to eat and meet everyones requirements.

When we arrived we were told that their was a 15 minutes wait but within 2 we were seated.

Our waitress was excellent in that she helped us navigate our way thru the menu to maximise the menu deals and save the pennies.

We opted for some garlic bread to start followed by 2 x Milanese de Pollo and 3 x Spaghetti Carbonara all of which were excellent in taste and served perfectly.

The restaurant was extremely busy and had the buzz of a busy city but the waitress was outstanding and gave us excellent service.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this establishment and I am sure we will visit others back in the UK.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love Carluccio's as a chain. I visit the Glasgow and Manchester Piccadilly branches when I am there and I'm determined to get round all of them one day. Shame the Oxford branch in the Castle Complex closed.

The Dawson Street branch is always busy but staff do try to accommodate people coming in. The array of delicious delicacies in the window and deli at the front is enough to tempt anyone.

I usually go for a pasta dish which tends to be rather on the expensive side but there are some very tasty options. Dessert never fails to please. Coffee and chocolate lovers should try the Carluccio's signature Bicerin which is a delicious combination of espresso, chocolate and cream. You mix it yourself and my regular waiter always instructs me on the correct order.

Waiting staff are very charming and friendly in this branch and I always feel welcome as a solo diner.

It is on the expensive side but if you're willing to treat yourself, it is nice. Also, they stock every kind of San Pellegrino that exists which always earns my approval.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My first time in Carluccio's this morning, though I've walked past it many times. We had some time to kill on a Saturday morning and said we'd treat ourselves to a coffee/tea and a pastry. We were told at the counter that it was full waiter service and that our order would be taken when we were seated. Fair enough. We were promptly seated and brought the breakfast menu - all tasty stuff eg eggs Benedict, etc. But we were only there for a beverage and pastry. The waiter promptly took our order - cappuccino and raisin Danish for me and green tea and brownie for her. The waiter re-appeared a few minutes later to ask again what kind of Danish I wanted - he seemed to write it down when we gave the original order so not sure what happened there.

The food and beverages were both excellent (the brownie gets a particular commendation) and reasonably priced at €8.45 given the pleasant surroundings.

The only hiccup we had was that the waiter who served us only gave us €8.45 change out of a €20 note (I'm presuming he read our check wrong and gave us the "cost" rather than the "change" back as listed on the receipt). When this was was pointed out he quickly rectified the problem. One waiter, two (minor) issues, perhaps he had too much fun the night before! Hence the 3 stars as opposed to 4.

Would go back for lunch or dinner to check out the "real" food.

1  Thank Tablepourdeux