“Delicious!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Ranked #230 of 2,528 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a friend from Dublin. I believe they boasted the best fish and chips in Dublin, so we had to try it. My husband tried the fish and chips, and they were amazing. I tried the chicken curry, which was also delicious. The restaurant was also located right by our hotel in Parnell Square, and near several pubs, which was convenient.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ramonaruby

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal, super service, friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have just returned from a family trip to Dublin. Had two excellent meals at Kingfisher. We chose different meals between the 8 of us. Fish was the best we had tasted in a long while, curry perfect and the salads were to die for!! Do not miss out on a visit to this excellent place. You will not be disappointed. Book if you can as people queue outside as meals are so good.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Anne P
York, UK
“Fantastic service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Kingfisher Townhouse (next door) and had breakfast included at the Kingfisher.
The staff were superb - helpful, cheery and attentive. The food was really tasty and hot.
One of the best breakfasts I have had !

Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Canteen Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place was recommended so though we'd give it a go as I had know idea where to eat in Dublin. If you like Bernie Steak House type places ( c 1979) then this is the place for you!
Went in and there are some fish tanks suspended up in a wall. The first thing my 5 year old daughter noticed was the dead one! The staff wouldn't remove it because they had a person who looked after the fish when the restaurant (cafe?) closes. She became quite upset and told the waitress how the rotting corpse would poison the other fish. So instead of removing the dead fish, we got moved to another table!
Ireland is famed for its fish and I ordered trout, but there wasn't any so went for fish and chips. Slapped all over this homage to stainless steel crockery are the words "Best Fish & Chips in Dublin". They didn't do a children's portion so my daughter had fish fingers (and yes even with fish fingers on the menu they still insist on calling it a 'restaurant'). The tacky decor doesn't normally put me off a place, but in this instance it did especially when they want TEN EUROS for a pint of cider (2 x E5 bottles).
Being a proud Yorkshire lass, I checked that the Fish and Chips would be cooked in traditional dripping and they weren't - vegetable oil GROSS! So I cancelled it and went for salmon and prawn salad with a glass of white wine for E15.
Food was canteen style - 3 fish fingers no salad or veg and some chips. I tasted one and it was rank!!! As I suspected veg oil flavored chips. My 5 year old covered them in ketchup so it didn't matter for her, but as a grown up I like to taste my food.
My salad was very funny, salted tinned olives, very vinegary beetroot with feta, lettuce, raw onion and cucumber. topped off with cheap chemical flavored salmon and overcooked prawns. Clearly whoever had dreamed up this combination had never eaten salad before. I dressed it myself but didn't dare make a fuss as there was a scary woman glaring at all the customers from the kitchen who looked ready to do battle. She made the whole experience very uncomfortable. The waitress however was sweet and friendly and did her best.
The bill was wrong as they had added an extra drink, so had to be corrected.
I think that this place has certainly had its day, and looks back at a time when people didn't make a fuss instead of looking to the future and catering for the international traveler who by very nature has a more sophisticated pallet.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manistique
“Maybe should've had breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I ordered the fish & chips, my husband had the bangers & mash with a side of gravy. After ordering, we saw that most people had breakfast and it looked really good. When I got my fish & chips and started eating, I wished I would've gotten the breakfast- the fish wasn't that good. My husband's bangers & mash were good though. It was quite crowded which should mean the food is good- we should've looked around closer before ordering and gotten the breakfast!

• Visited August 2013