“OK but nothing to write home about!!”
Review of Kingfisher

Kingfisher
Ranked #256 of 2,731 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited the Kingfisher with my daughter following a trip to the Cinema to see Les Mis! This used to be one of our favourites when visiting Dublin so a trip down memory lane!! Unfortunately it wasn't up to much this time round food was ok! but overpriced and the portions were on the small side!

I had the beef & ale pie with veg and my daughter had the fish & Chips. both pretty basic for the money!!

We had food in the Gresham hotel the previous nite and it was fab!! and roughly cost about the same! so in future we will head to the Gresham to eat.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Some of the best chips anywhere in Dublin. They are brilliant blend of old and new. They'll serve you ice-cream-and-jelly in a tin bowl that is brilliant nostalgic for anybody raised in Ireland in the 70s/80s. But they also have wine, tolerable Italian-style coffee and fresh-pressed orange-juice (which is very fancy for a place of this nature)

Their chips are delicious. They have delicious juicy lamb-cutlets with chips for just a tenner. This is the only chipper that I know of that has a license to serve you alcohol. I can't say enough good things about the place.

2  Thank Bigby42
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here last weekend on a short break to Dublin, as we where staying at the Jury Inn this was perfect as it was across the road. We sat down ordered drinks and food, the drinks came and shortly after our food arrived, I ordered 2x sausages, bacon, egg and chips and my mum ordered a spanish omlette with chips and a side order of onion rings. The food arrived hot but the omlette was over cooked and the onion rings where like stail crisps. When we had finished I pointed this fact out to the waiter, who clearly didnt care and was quite happy to take my money for the burnt food. I understand ocassionally mistakes happen but its how it is dealt with that makes the difference.

4  Thank Mummyof2girls
Reviewed January 24, 2013

visited the kingfisher a few times over the space of a week, the food was good, variety and good value choices, staff was efficient & friendly, would recommend it.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We went for a late breakfast (after 12 h) but were still offered the breakfast menu which was great. I had smoked haddock & poached egg, the egg was a bit underdone for my liking but the fish was really good. Service with a smile too.