“Real authentic Morrocan experience!”
Review of El Bahia

El Bahia
Reserve with OpenTable
El Bahia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #572 of 2,640 Restaurants in Dublin
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: South City Centre
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend and I have recently held our Birthday party in El Bahia. We hired one of the tents on the last floor. Brilliant atmosphere, really good service and amazing food. It is a totally different experience. Also price wise it is completely accessible, not outreagous at all. El Bahia does good deals for parties. The only thing was that our drinks that were part of a deal got a bit mixed up but we didn't overpaid anyway, and we also got two Birthday cakes, yummy! Highly reccomended.

There are newer reviews for El Bahia

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Many years visiting this place!!!!end every time is like a first time!!!love it))))music,food,atmosphere....it's feels like u in Morocco)))))staff is very professional and kind))))

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having read the reviews here I was looking forward to eating at this restaurant.

The location is great, however I did find the music rather loud in the restaurant. The service was good, very prompt and unobtrusive.

We ordered two starters to share between the group. The prawns were nice quality and the portion was very generous. However, there wasn't exactly a whole lot of cooking to it, its just a bit of spice on the prawn. I didn't feel there was any amazing flavour to it.

The second starter was the lamb sausage (more of a mini lamb sheik kebab), the flavour was ok but it was very greasy. Both starters were serviced wtih a lack lustre salad. I'd say they basically opened a bag and poured out the salad and threw a few sliced olives on top of it.

We had two chicken and a beef tagine for the main. I had teh chicken with the preserved lemon and olives. The meat itself was very tender but there was just no flavour to it. There were potatoes and they were so salty. REally not nice at all. I tasted teh beef tagine but it was so flavourless and dry, I really didn't want to eat anymore.

I had expected to be delighted wtih flavoursome, aromatic food but it was really just stewed mush with a few spices thrown in, and even then, not a whole lot.

I won't be back again.

1  Thank Glitterfoot
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The food was very flavousome and portions generous (if we had known their size beforehand we would have ordered half the amount)! Everything was really nice - from a mint tea served from a beautifl Moroccan tea set, to the last morcels of lamb and vegetable tagine. Would very much recomend and would visit again, hopefully soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is a must stop every time we are in Dublin. It's upstairs and only a block off Grafton Street but the food is outstanding and the service is always friendly. Go here!