“Excellent B&B”
Review of Arranmore House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dublin
Arranmore House
Ranked #1 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Arranmore guesthouse. Great location; its about 15 mins walk from the city centre and plenty of buses. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was great (full Irish). The owner Anne is very friendly with a typical good Irish sense of humour. Anne gave us good recommendations for pubs and places to visit. I recommend this B&B if you are staying in Dublin. Ronan (Glasgow)

Room Tip: There are bigger rooms available so you might get one if you request it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Arranmore House for one night and really enjoyed my stay. The bedroom was bright and cheerful and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was nice and I was able to park my car safely in the garage.
Anne was very helpful and gave me lots of advice on transport and what to see in Dublin. I really like the location of this guest house because it is near the city centre, but not too near. It is also not far from the airport.
I would certainly recommend Arranmore House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I recently spent three nights in Dublin, one at the beginning of our trekking holiday in Kerry and two on the tail end. The first night we stayed at a hotel in Central Dublin; nice place but there was a night club across the street and the noise was incessant. We barely slept. I looked on tripadvisor the next morning and found Arranmore House. Glad I did.

Ann is a very friendly and helpful person, and her establishment is first-rate: clean, cozy, and charming. Her breakfasts are amble and delicious; she even got up early to cook for us when we had an early flight out on our last day. We stayed with her over the weekend and were not charged a higher weekend rate as in the Dublin hotels. She also advised us about sights to see, costs of fares, etc. The public bus to the airport stops right outside the door. I recommend her establishment without reservation and will stay with her if and when I ever return to Dublin.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the house are much quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife, 18-year-old daughter and I stayed at Arranmore 3 nights, arranged through our travel agent sight unseen. What a find! We liked that it was on the main bus lines from Dublin Airport to City Centre, it was in a quieter neighborhood than downtown, affordable and very comfortable. Anne was very friendly and provided great tips on how to get about town. We liked the full breakfasts. We stayed in the attic room because it could accommodate the three of us. The room had only one window -- a skylight -- but it was a nice view of the Dublin rooftops. The only downside: the noisy plumbing when you ran the water or flushed, but that subsided.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Ok, I don't know what is the average quality of the B&Bs in Dublin, but I was quite disappointed with this one. The bedroom was, let's say, "not very clean". It´s not only a matter of dust, or oxide, or stains: there was rubbish, literally, below the beds: potato bags, papers, plastic pieces, and so. What does this mean? This means that they do not clean frequently/thoroughly.

The service was ok: Anne is a straightforward woman, and she can sound rude sometimes, but I do not hold against her. "My house, my rules", she said. Ok, I can agree with that, but you are going to lose some guests with that attitude. However, there are some details, like having your son sharing the kitchen with the guests, or arriving late to the appointments, twice, that indicate, in my opinion, that something fails, and therefore I cannot recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank dessloch
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a wonderful long weekend at Arranmore House, the room we had was very welcoming and clean & tidy. It was ideally located for us to explore the delights of Dublin and surrounding area. We arrived fairly late but the hostess Anne was most welcoming and gave us time to settle in and loads of local advise. The breakfast was amazing and very tasty. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a friendly, spacious place to stay in Dublin .. and the rates were reasonable too .. thanks Anne for a great 1st time in Dublin, may well see you again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I think the title speaks for itself. I sayed at this place 3 times during one month and had a very good time on all occasions. First time it was just for two nights - Anne called me just after I arrived at the airport and gave me directions to the place. Anne was always very helpful and pleasant. The house ist nice and clean. The rooms were very quiet despite the location close to a main street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo