“Just one word : Superb”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Had dinner earlier this week, the service is very professional as well as friendly, not OTT.
The presentation and the quality of the dishes are top class. When the main course arrived I thought Micheline Star. There is a new team operating in the kitchen.
I will definetly go back, but will give a go at one or two of their cocktail in the bar before sitting in the resttaurant.

2  Thank steven n

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Dinner was very good with top class professional service. It is not cheap but worth an occasional splurge. The beer garden is atmospheric.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

We shared an Irish Sirloin Steak sandwich and some chicken liver pate followed by many expertly made cocktails, excellent

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Both dinner and breakfast was good, with great staff and good service.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We decided to celebrate our anniversary in the Dylan recently, as we had heard very good reviews. On the day, the weather in Dublin was glorious and the Dylan Hotel's sun-trap beer garden was swarming with sun-starved Dubliners. The restaurant was almost empty as a result. Nobody wanted to be indoors!

Nonetheless, the wait staff greeted us warmly when we arrived, and we were promptly shown to our table. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco, which was a perfect match for the sunny, warm evening. We were also given plenty of bread while we waited to order our food.

To start with, my husband ordered risotto with duck, and I had scallops. Both dishes were less than lukewarm, which we mentioned to the waiter at the end of the course. Aside from the temperature, the scallops failed to impress me as they were over-cooked/dry, however my husband enjoyed his dish. For main course, I ordered the mushroom tartlet with pesto mash, while he ordered the steak. This time, food temperature was perfect although, again, my order was nothing out of the ordinary. I can safely say that I have had the same dish before except for cheaper. And, while the steak (at €32) was cooked to perfection, the feedback was "it didn't taste of much". Home made chips and salads were very good.

Over the course of our visit, the length of time between interactions with the wait staff got longer. It was clear that the beer garden was draining resources from the restaurant.

All in all, it was an expensive but average meal in a lovely setting.