“Consistant with the Hotel”
Review of Dylan Hotel

Dylan Hotel
Ranked #774 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We shared an Irish Sirloin Steak sandwich and some chicken liver pate followed by many expertly made cocktails, excellent

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Both dinner and breakfast was good, with great staff and good service.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We decided to celebrate our anniversary in the Dylan recently, as we had heard very good reviews. On the day, the weather in Dublin was glorious and the Dylan Hotel's sun-trap beer garden was swarming with sun-starved Dubliners. The restaurant was almost empty as a result. Nobody wanted to be indoors!

Nonetheless, the wait staff greeted us warmly when we arrived, and we were promptly shown to our table. We ordered a bottle of Prosecco, which was a perfect match for the sunny, warm evening. We were also given plenty of bread while we waited to order our food.

To start with, my husband ordered risotto with duck, and I had scallops. Both dishes were less than lukewarm, which we mentioned to the waiter at the end of the course. Aside from the temperature, the scallops failed to impress me as they were over-cooked/dry, however my husband enjoyed his dish. For main course, I ordered the mushroom tartlet with pesto mash, while he ordered the steak. This time, food temperature was perfect although, again, my order was nothing out of the ordinary. I can safely say that I have had the same dish before except for cheaper. And, while the steak (at €32) was cooked to perfection, the feedback was "it didn't taste of much". Home made chips and salads were very good.

Over the course of our visit, the length of time between interactions with the wait staff got longer. It was clear that the beer garden was draining resources from the restaurant.

All in all, it was an expensive but average meal in a lovely setting.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We recently had a very enjoyable evening in the Dylan Restaurant. I must say I was a little disappointed with the food.,particularly as it is not cheap. I had the Clonakilty black pudding with apple crisps and it was just about ok. For main course I had the rack of lamb, which amounted to three small lamb chops.Tasty but small. I skipped desert and had coffee.The restaurant was quiet but there were a good number of people in the outside area.The staff were friendly.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I ate here as part of a group on a scorching Friday evening. The sun garden was packed and we moved to a very empty dining room (which was worrying) around 7. We were the only people in the dining room. I ordered the clonakilty black pudding with apple crisps. The pudding was very dry but the apple crisps were a new experience and really tasty. For €10 you get three pieces of pudding - obviously cut from a regular roll of pudding and its hard to justify the price on it. The same comment was made by another diner at the table. A fellow diner had the scallops and to me (although I didn't eat them) they looked too crispy on the outside and very overdone. The mains was lamb shank. The waiter asked did I mind it pink - 'Not at all' I replied. It came out cooked through and not pink. It was nice - supposedly a mustard crust which I couldn't find. The potato on the side was ok too. Finally for desert I got the chocolate fondant with berries. This was ok again - a bit on the too bitter side. Other diners got the steak and said it was absolutely perfectly cooked. Some of the extra touches with the meals were really tasty and things only a chef can produce but the main meats etc let it down. A few tweaks and better timing would go far. The waiters were excellent. Really attentive and friendly. However with noone else in the restaurant there wasnt muchof an atmosphere inside.