“Great, affordable stay in wonderful Dublin neighborhood” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Fitzwilliam Townhouse
Ranked #42 of 161 Dublin B&B and Inns
Oakland, California
“Great, affordable stay in wonderful Dublin neighborhood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely stay in the Fitzwilliam Townhouse in April 2013. We were greeted with a warm welcome and given lots of helpful information about the neighborhood and nearby restaurants and pubs. Our room was very comfortable and didn't include a lot of street noise. The shower was a bit tiny, especially for my 6-foot husband, but the bathroom was otherwise clean and nice. For the cost, it's a great deal in Dublin. I'd definitely return.

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs for minimal street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jetgirl1515
fitzwilliam_dublin, General Manager at Fitzwilliam Townhouse, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Jetgirl1515, Thank you for your lovely kind review. As you mentioned we are in the city centre and in an ideal location, however, thank you for your suggestion to other visitors that a room on a higher floor is a good idea as they are away from the street. We hope to welcome you back to Dublin again soon. Kind regards, Lorraine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night april 2013. The location was perfect, proximity to Fitzwilliam Square near city centre, 5 minutes to St. Stephen's Green.
Quiet, free wifi, nice room and perfect bathroom.

Staff very kindly.

No breakfast..but coffee and tea in the room and you have some nice things to eat round the corner!....

I will come back!

Room Tip: higher floor, no lift...of course, such a beautiful house....but so quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Vdenadine, We are delighted to read your review and that you enjoyed our rooms, location and that you found the House quiet. We hope to see you again. Kind regards, Lorraine
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We chose the Fitzwilliam because of its location, it was one of the few hotels that was rated as quiet, and it had free WiFi. All of those reasons were accurate and it had a very helpful staff. It does not have an elevator, the carpets are a bit threadbare, and it could use some sprucing up. That said, we would stay there again because of its positives and its good price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love Georgian houses but this one is in a terrible state, converted to smalll hotel - pre celtic tiger when people were accepting poor standards.
It was the worst place I have stayed in in the past ten years!
There was a lingering smell of food although there was no breakfast, the room furniture was worn out and old fashioned, the carpets were old. The whole place was in very poor shape.
Room however was reasonably clean and the staff were good and helpful.

Room Tip: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! there is a fab hotel up the road, a properly converted Georgian house!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Luismac,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Indeed this is an historic Georgian Townhouse and we continue to maintain and upgrade it and only recently we have updated our rooms with mahogany desks and mirrors. It was a pity you did not visit the restaurant (Isabel's) on our lower ground floor, I do think you would have enjoyed it's choice of food and excellent wine list. I do apologise that you were not satisfied with our accommodation.
Your faithfully, Lorraine

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night in November 2012, I chose this hotel because the location was perfect due to the proximity to Fitzwilliam Square. It is a great location for the city centre, 10 min stroll to St. Stephen's Green. Having lived in Dublin for a few years previously I would consider this area quiet and safe.

The decor was dated, the bathroom particularly, but the room was clean and had everything I needed. My room was on the front of the building but I was not disturbed by any traffic noise and had a good night's sleep.
I cannot comment on breakfast because I did not eat here. The staff were courteous and my room was actually ready when I arrived at 9AM in the hope of just leaving my bag there for the day.

It is cheap compared to other options in the city so it is true to say you get what you pay for. I would stay here again if I needed a reasonably priced room in the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Good price in an expensive city. Good walkable location. However, rooms are on small side; carpets dirty; bathrooms small with toilets running and not flushing well. Beds was not particularly comfortable and heating system suspect. I would not return except for price.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank pokyjMichigan
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed at the Fitzwilliam twice during my European adventure. They are located near Fitzwilliam Square, which is a lovely Georgian part of the city, very near St Stephens Green. I loved the location - very safe and picturesque and quiet at night. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, cozy and had everything we needed for our stay. Great place and a great price!

Room Tip: no elevator so top floors will give you a good workout :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends