“Clean and convenient”

Fitzwilliam Townhouse
Ranked #38 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2011

All in all, my family and I were very pleased with our stay in Fitzwilliam townhouse this weekend. In general, I found it difficult to find a family room in the city centre that would cater for four people. Not only was our family room here clean, cosy and quite big, but very reasonably priced too.
The Fitzwilliam townhouse is a short stroll from St. Stephens Green shopping centre, just straight down the road frm the Shelbourne hotel (but at a fraction of the cost!!). I would advise people that it is very conveniently located for the Grafton Street area, but quite a stroll from the Henry Street/ Talbot street area (though the Number 10 bus would get you to O' Connell Street quite quickly)
We experienced no problems with noise, even though there were quite a few bars located nearby and we stayed on a Friday night. The staff were very friendly indeed, and the rooms were clean. I found the decor fine, there were a few cracked tiles in the bathroom, and the wallpaper was peeling in one area, but really, when you compare prices with other hotels/ guesthouses, I think it's a small price to pay. I cannot comment on the food, as we stayed "Room only"
I would stay here again, and I would have no problem in recommending it to others.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mahersbars
There are newer reviews for Fitzwilliam Townhouse

Reviewed December 8, 2011

We had an wonderful stay at Fitzwilliam. We were there from Oct 4-6. It was chilly, windy and sometimes a bit drizzly, but our rooms were warm and cozy. The rooms were spotlessly clean with fresh linens each day. The bed was very comfy. The Fitzwilliam is within walking distance of just about everything. The price was a great value for Dublin. But the best thing about the Fitzwilliam was the staff. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They helped us with check-in, check-out, transportation, entertainment, boarding passes, and all with friendly smiles and great attitudes. Absolutely terrific customer service. I would highly recommend the Fitzwilliam Townhouse to anyone staying in Dublin!

Room Tip: The downstairs room across from the front desk has a fireplace, but there is a bit of street noise...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna L
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We arrived to a very sincere welcome and found that the Townhouse offers conveniently-located accommodation of a decent standard at a good price - all the elements that make it really good value.

On arrival we were given maps of the City Centre. Walk straight across the road from the front door and keep going, and you'll be at the top of Grafton Street in 10 minutes.

Accommodation-wise the rooms were a perfectly acceptable standard for the price - perhaps, as other reviewers have commented, some furniture and the bathrooms are a little dated, but the soft furnishings were fresh, especially the bedlinen, and the beds were very comfortable. Light sleepers will want to be aware that convenient location means the road outside can get busy, but it didn't bother me.

The free wifi worked well - we were given the code at Reception when we booked in.

Car parking is available about 10 minutes' walk over the Canal at the Burlington Hotel - €10 per night.

Breakfast isn't at the time of writing served on site, but there are plenty of choices nearby - in that connexion, Café Voilà, just down the road at 14 Lower Baggot Street, gets an honourable mention for their scrambled eggs and bacon served on fresh sourdough or wheaten bread.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed for 1 night for business. I chose it because of its location, price and free wifi. When I arrived I was helped with my bag up the few steps to reception by a very friendly staff member.Check in was quick . The room was warm the bed was very comfortable broadband speed was good and the bathroom was clean.
I really cannot stress enough how friendly and welcoming the staff were. I spoke to two employees a man at reception, I'm sorry I didn't catch his name to include here and a young woman who I think may have been a cleaner.I go to Dublin about once a month for business and am thrilled to have found this cheap cheerful and welcoming place to stay.
There are a load of take away places nearby , Mexican,Chinese, Indian,Thai. I had a meal from a place called Tuk In which is about a 5 minute walk from the guesthouse.
Although not an actual 5 star guesthouse I am giving this a 5 star review.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 31 which although overlooking the main road was quiet and a good size for a single...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed for 3 nights on business. The location is perfect meaning everywhere in central Dublin is walking distance. All the staff at the hotel are helpful and friendly.
The rooms are spotlessly clean, the bathroom was too with great soaps. The rooms are a bit dated, but for the money much better than expected. The wifi in the hotel was strong and quick.....and free.

I really recommend this as a place to spend a few nights.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed September 30, 2011

The location is very good, near the city centre but still very quiet! The rooms are romantic (lovely windows) and clean, the staff is kind and helpfull....we felt OK. The only thing we didn't like were the beds which are small and not so comfortable....but not a big deal.
We would choose the Fitzwilliam townhouse again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

While we found the staff to be a pleasure and very helpful, the rooms were outdated, the towels were small, the tv was fuzzy with 3 channels, and the neighborhood was loud. Both nights my husband and I stayed here we could hear people on the streets being noisy (we were on the 2nd floor) and house/car alarms going off all night. There are also noisy renovations going on throughout the day. The rooms, we felt, were also very small and my husband and I found that we were basically running into each other quite often. Not at all impressed with the rooms, but the quality staff made up for most of our disappointments.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple