“Great day out only a stone's throw from Dublin”
Review of Hidden Wicklow - CLOSED

Hidden Wicklow
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Wicklow's only bespoke tours. Small groups allow us to tailor a day to your interests however diverse they might be. Get in touch and let us show you the best of the Garden County.
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day out only a stone's throw from Dublin”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I'm Dublin-based but had some girlfriends visiting from the UK a couple of weeks ago for a 30th birthday. I was looking for some way to get us out of the city and see some countryside without too much distance or hassle, and came across the Hidden Wicklow site.
Our guide was very friendly and extremely knowledgeable and, conscious of delicate heads, we started off with a relatively easy walk around some abandoned lead mines (sounds odd but was really beautiful). We had some delicious, and very welcome, coffee and homemade cake, and as the weather was not looking brilliant, continued on to Wicklow Gaol.
The sun decided to show up again so we had a delicious picnic on the beach at Brittas, followed by a nice stroll (one of the gals is a photography enthusiast and got some great shots). Our guide then led us to a charming pub in Greenane!
We all felt energized from getting out of town, and the visitors were delighted to pack some 'picturesque Ireland' into a city break. As a local, I was fascinated and proud to realise there was so much to see on my doorstep.
Great to see innovative ideas like this appearing during a recession, I would highly recommend!!

Visited June 2011

Cork
“Most spectacular hiking outside of Patagonia.”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I went on a day long hike around the Glen of Imaal and had the most fantastic hiking that there is outside of Patagonia!

The views were spectacular adn dramatic. The people were wonderful and our guides were helpful, friendly and knew absolultely everything there is to know from history to animals.

I've hiked around a lot of places with guides of varying ability and I can honestly say, I've never had a more friendly or knowledgeable guide.

There is simply no better way to hike around Wicklow. Couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Visited June 2011