“Pretty tasteless food”

The Washerwomans Hill Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Believed to have been built in the 1700’s it is one of the oldest buildings in the village of Glasnevin. The Restaurant was opened in July 1996 and gets its name from the old washhousel. The Restaurant has always prided itself on offering high quality products sourced locally and prepared by our chefs. The Washerwomans has established itself as a favourite for family occasions with personalised menus a private area that can seat up to 50 and special offer that include an excellent early bird for 5 t0 8 seven nights a week.
Dingle, Co. Kerry
“Pretty tasteless food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Dropped into this place as I was hungry and needed something in order to sustain myself.

Surroundings OK and service as expected. I noted the Mission Statement and the name associated with the cooking effort. This should have augured well for what was to follow.

In the event, I was disappointed. The fish (farmed) was a tasteless affair and probably would have been even if served on the day it was hauled out of the cage. The carrots were as exciting as the fish i.e. tasteless. It cannot be easy to get boiled or steamed carrots wrong unless you are re-heating leftovers which is what I reckon happened in this case.

Overall, totally uninspiring.

Informed the waiter about my take on the dish...who duly collected €19 odd.

Glad I didn't order soup...

Why would someone with a Mission Statement want to serve farmed fish in his restaurant? Is this guy for real?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank nelly001

“Excellent”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were hear this evening for dinner with family here from England. We have been here before we cannot fault this restaurant. The staff were very attentive the food was to die for would highly recommend this as a good quality place with great food lovely helpful staff and resonably priced we will be back again and again

• Visited September 2012
“None better.”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I regularly visit the restaurant. Last Friday was just the two of us. We usually combine this with a visit to the Botanic Gardens, and inevitably end up in the restaurant.
The food is exceptional, the staff are so friendly and welcoming. It is like visiting a family home for good food, and wine. The value is also very good.
We have had personal dinners, and family get togethers of up to forty people. There are special rates for every day, and the only thing that never changes is the quality and attention shown to the customer.

• Visited September 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food and value for money”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had heard the restaurant is under new management and was great value. We called on spec to discover they had a special offer for Thursday "Ladies Night " A 3 course meal for €20 for the ladies, with a house wine for €16 a bottle, which turned out to be very good. We were sceptical !!
However to our surprise all three courses were excellent, with a great selection to choose from. The staff were very warm, welcoming and very helpful. My wife enjoyed the meal very much, but was unable to have the dessert. She asked could she take it with her in stead, which was greeted warmly with "That is no Problem" We will be back.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Sarto1
Dublin, Ireland
“Food good service needs work”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I live about a 10 minute walk from this restaurant and eat out regularly yet have only been there once and that was 6 months ago. The food was good and there was a nice choice on the menu. Overall it was a bit expensive though. I have read previous comments from other reviewers in relation to the waiter and unfortunately have to agree. I actually overheard him making a very inappropriate comment to the waitress in relation to a diner at another tables appearance- hardly professional behaviour on his part. Overall he came across very sharp in his interactions which took from the experience. Maybe I'll give this restaurant another chance some day...

• Visited December 2011