“None better.”

The Washerwomans Hill Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Believed to have been built in the 1700’s it is one of the oldest buildings in the village of Glasnevin. The Restaurant was opened in July 1996 and gets its name from the old washhousel. The Restaurant has always prided itself on offering high quality products sourced locally and prepared by our chefs. The Washerwomans has established itself as a favourite for family occasions with personalised menus a private area that can seat up to 50 and special offer that include an excellent early bird for 5 t0 8 seven nights a week.
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I regularly visit the restaurant. Last Friday was just the two of us. We usually combine this with a visit to the Botanic Gardens, and inevitably end up in the restaurant.
The food is exceptional, the staff are so friendly and welcoming. It is like visiting a family home for good food, and wine. The value is also very good.
We have had personal dinners, and family get togethers of up to forty people. There are special rates for every day, and the only thing that never changes is the quality and attention shown to the customer.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I had heard the restaurant is under new management and was great value. We called on spec to discover they had a special offer for Thursday "Ladies Night " A 3 course meal for €20 for the ladies, with a house wine for €16 a bottle, which turned out to be very good. We were sceptical !!
However to our surprise all three courses were excellent, with a great selection to choose from. The staff were very warm, welcoming and very helpful. My wife enjoyed the meal very much, but was unable to have the dessert. She asked could she take it with her in stead, which was greeted warmly with "That is no Problem" We will be back.

2  Thank Sarto1
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I live about a 10 minute walk from this restaurant and eat out regularly yet have only been there once and that was 6 months ago. The food was good and there was a nice choice on the menu. Overall it was a bit expensive though. I have read previous comments from other reviewers in relation to the waiter and unfortunately have to agree. I actually overheard him making a very inappropriate comment to the waitress in relation to a diner at another tables appearance- hardly professional behaviour on his part. Overall he came across very sharp in his interactions which took from the experience. Maybe I'll give this restaurant another chance some day...

2  Thank Tomas1981
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Couldnt believe the reviews must have been a one off bad day maybe full moon as this would be a regular venue for me and my family my husband even had a surprise party for me in march for 50 people brilliant night had by all food was complimented by everyone and service excellent as usual by Justyne and Elaina overseen by Karl who we have always found friendly and efficient so be sure to give it a try
Susan Stephen

1  Thank sob16
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Cannot understand the negative reviews posted about this restaurant, had great night there, everyone in the group enjoyed their meal. Great choice and excellent quality. Ignore the bad reviews and try it, you will be very pleasantly surprised.

1  Thank Annaas