“For a special treat”

Castle Murray House Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 71 Restaurants in Donegal Town
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Castle Murray prides itself on its dedication and passion to achieving a consistently high quality dining experience. Our Head Chef Remy Dupuy, who has worked in Castle Murray since 1995, is well renowned for using the best of locally sourced produce to create dishes that once enjoyed will have you planning your next trip back to Castle Murray. Our evening dinner menu showcases the passion and talent of Remy and his team while giving the customers a gastronomic experience that is often mimicked but seldom equalled. Great care and attention to detail is given to the design, creation and delivery of each dish on the menu, which reflects the dedication and desire for greatness which motivates Remy and his team. If you haven't already heard about our House Special dish 'Prawn and Monkfish', then it is a must have. A dish so good it should have its own Appreciation Society! The dining room is refined yet comfortable, with a warm and welcoming ambiance that surrounds you once you enter the room. The striking views of St. John's Point and its natural beauty can be enjoyed throughout the dining room. Our restaurant has the added bonus of having a beautiful open fire, which in the winter, when the fire is roaring creates a warm and homely atmosphere that is much sought after on dark winter nights. Through the direction of the General Manager Marguerite Howley and our Maitre d'Hotel Fabrice Costes, a commitment to a professional and personable service is guaranteed to you. Along with our evening dinner menu, we offer a mouth watering 5 course Sunday Lunch that is extremely popular with people far and near. And if that hasn't tempted you 'foodies' out there then we are pleased to tell you that during the summer months we have a gourmet bar lunch menu available and an absurdly delicious and decadent Afternoon Tea service that is sure to tantalise those taste buds.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife treated me for my birthday,set 5 course for 47 euro,maitre welcoming and well imformed,views must be some of the best in ireland ,menu is varied [not really stunning]food is very well presented and the cooking is to perfection,well worth a visit,one small gripe staff were setting tables for next mornings breakfast when we had hardly started our mains.When checking tripadvisor recomendations on 5 stars check how many reviews on the reviewer has done,some resturants look dodgy ,not I may say this one

1  Thank tonyforde14

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have dined at Castle Murray on numerous occasions whilst travelling in Donegal.The location and views from the Dining room are worth the visit alone. In addition the service and food is the best in the area in my opinion. A superb selection of fish is on offer in addition to meat dishes. The selection plate of desserts at the end of the meal is a great idea as opposed to having to choose just one. Overall, Castle Murray is a must if you are in the area, The best restaurant in Donegal!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

So, everybody raves about Castlemurray. I'm afraid, the odd one out. It was an interesting Sunday afternoon but I wasn't blown away by any of the dishes. I was disappointed about that.

The dining room felt like somebody's front room - a big front room, but still... a front room. The views were indeed spectacular, but not really from where we were seated. The best views are from outside. Luckily the day we went, the sun was shining, so it was beautiful.

The service was a little on the discreet side - clearly very young and unexperienced at greeting the public and engaging with them. It was correct but not much more. The food was seasonal but I expected so much more. I didn't say anything because my parents were inviting me out for lunch and it was their big treat. Later, in the car... my Dad finally broached the topic and said exactly what I had been thinking. OVERPRICED for what it was.

One other thing. The day we went, the dining room was very quiet. By that I mean that it was busy but people weren't talking. We felt almost too embarrassed to speak to each other during the meal in case we broke the silence.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our meal was wonderful and the service here is excellent. Can't say enough! It was a special occasion and everything about the evening was perfect.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Very attentive friendly young lady greeted us. When we returned for a second lunch she remembered us! Seafood chowder delicious . So impressed I am surprising my partner with a weekend there !!! You must go it is lovely !!!