I stayed at the Castle in September for 3 days midweek with my fiance, parents, brother, sister in law and brand new nephew. Right from arrival we had a fabulous service and this continued throughout our stay. The breakfast was amazing with an abundant buffet and made to order omelettes. We had great food throughout with a good selection of bar food, great champagne afternoon tea and wonderful meals in the restaurant. The wine list was extensive but I would recommend that they include a few bottles at a lower price point, the white wine started at around 30 euro per bottle and it would be nice to have a cheaper option. The spa and swimming pool was superb and we also enjoyed a cycle around the edge of the picturesque lake on the complimentary bicycles. Our deluxe room was great with large comfortable beds and beautiful bathrooms complete with candles. We had a truly fantastic break and came away feeling refreshed and relaxed. We enjoyed it so much and can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is an historic castle dating to the 15th century and the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel