On a positive note the staff are very warm and friendly.our bedroom was very comfortable. But very disappointed on arrival. The area at the front steps needs power cleaned and the weeds removed and the planters refreshed. The gardens generally need weeded and the grass cut. The area outside the bar is filthy . Power hosing would clean this up.and the picnic tables are not suitable for older people. A la carte was very good but the set menu was terrible. Meat dry and over cooked. Caesar salad was made up of ice berg lettuce , one tomato 2 strange croutons and some Parmesan . It would take very little to raise the standard of this hotel. Just abit of vision, time and management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel