We were in the lucky position that we had won vouchers to stay here so we stayed two nights for b&b. This place would be out of our price range normally. However, I can see why it costs €175 a night. Previous reviewers have told you all. Huge room, huge bed, huge bathroom and nice little extras like a filter coffee pot etc. As parents we were given some nice extras like they had left out a baby bath and some nappy bags for us. A very thoughtful idea. We were worried that we would stick out like a sore thumb with a toddler but there were 3 or 4 other kids there and we were made very welcome. The staff were lovely and professional but warm also. The meals were good but pricy. This is definitely a romantic place to go and even my husband and I got a sense of
it despite the little fella!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel