Just spent long weekend in the Lough Eske hotel - our first visit but will not be our last. Setting wonderful, our room -a suite spacious and very comfortable as was our son's standard room. Staff could not have been more courteous or accommodating. We enjoyed the food, both in the bar and restaurant. Not the cheapest but we went away satisfied that we had our money's worth. Two minor suggestions to the management
1. The restaurant is upmarket and has a splendid panoramic view of - a car park! Why not screen the cars with plants on the outside terrace? View NOT in keeping with the ambience of the room.
2. Magnificent surroundings of the hotel but difficult to access. Should have proper walking paths (not the access roads) to include ability to easily get down to the magnificent Lough Eske.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel