“Spa treatment & afternoon tea”

Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a lovely spa day here recently with a friend. When receiving a spa treatment the rest of the thermal suite facilite are available to you so we made the most of our day relaxing and chatting, finishing up with our afternoon tea.
The lady who carried out my treatment was so pleasant and very professional.
The only down points are the walk from the castle to the spa (although umbrellas are provided in case it is raining) and also the Lidl products in the changing room! Not quite what you'd expect for a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Flo042070
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Spa Solís for your recent Spa day and for taking time to share your experience.

It's great to hear that you had such a relaxing time and that you enjoyed your treatment, followed by your afternoon tea.

I have passed your much appreciated compliments to the team and I sincerely hope that you will return for another visit sometime very soon.

There are newer reviews for Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife booked an overnight stay for the two of us whilst we were travelling in Donegal. The location and grounds of the hotel are spectatular. The rooms really are of a very high standard and the bathrooms are amazing. As part of the room rate we had use of the Spa facilities (pool, Suana, Steam Room) They were very good and incredibly relaxing.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening and whilst it was a little pricey (Watch out for the wine list) the food was of a very high standard. I am already planning my next visit on my return to Donegal as it is a superb luxurious hotel, with great facilities and customer service which is second to none.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jimbojim1

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Solis Lough Eske Castle during your recent trip to Donegal and thank you sincerely for your wonderful review.

I'm delighted that you were so impressed with the castle, the grounds, your room, Spa Solis, the food and, of course, the high level of personal service you received - I have passed your kind comments on to the entire team.

I am thrilled to hear that you are already planning a return visit to Lough Eske and we look forward to welcoming you back sometime very soon!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Although costly in the bar it was nice to relax and watch the ppl around you. The room was 234 and you'd need a sat nav lol but never let this put me off going back and back am going x Darren our porter was excellent as all the staff are. It's clean fresh and just wonderful I felt like Queen for the day. If there where 6 stars you'd have everyone. Loved it

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank sara m
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and for taking time to share your experience.

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the castle and I'm delighted that you had such a great stay - your many kind compliments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team - especially by Darren who you give a special mention to!

It's wonderful to hear that you were so well looked after, that you 'felt like a Queen for the day' and that you 'loved every minute of it'.

Your high (six star!) recommendation is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lough Eske sometime very soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

After traveling 28 hours to reach the hotel, I was rewarded with having to make 3 trips to the car to carry my own luggage. When I complained about the lack of service I was told that they only had one porter on duty, and he must have been busy. For a 96 bedroom hotel not to have Someone on duty to greet their guest and offer to assist with their luggage is, simply unacceptable. You know what they say first impressions.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Ashley C
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Solis lough Eske Castle recently.

I'm sorry to hear that our porter was not available to meet you on arrival and to assist you with your luggage. This is totally unacceptable and does not reflect our usual high standards of customer service - please accept my sincere apologies and be assured that I will follow up with senior management to ensure that this does not happen again in future.

Your feedback is much appreciated as it assists us with our quality improvement programme and helps us to perfect our customer service.

I trust that you enjoyed the remainder of your stay and I hope that you will return for another visit in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

This has to be the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.the reception is friendly, warm and sincere. All staff go out of their way to ensure you have a lovely time.. we had a room with a huge 4 poster bed. A bathroom with his and her sinks, bath and a beautiful walk in shower. A walk in wardrobe that had an iron and ironing board. Tea and coffee facilities. Very comfy sofa, just so beautiful. There are several drawing rooms with big comfy sofas and huge lit fires, lovely for sitting having a coffee and reading the papers. Breakfast beautiful. Cannot fault this hotel. Will be back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and thank you for taking time to post your wonderful review.

It's great to hear that you were so impressed with the hotel and with the level of service you received - your many kind comments are genuinely appreciated by the entire team.

I'm delighted to hear that you intend to return for another visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to the castle on that occasion.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Was here for a conference and what a great setting for a conference, tranquil with great space and grounds. Rooms are beautiful, spacious with a lovely huge bed and I had a great sleep. Wasn't feeling 100%, loosing my voice and the food and beverages team, from breakfast service, during coffee break and at lunch service were exceptional, so many of the team went out of their way to get me hot water with lemon and honey to help the voice. The team may think this was no bother but was a huge gesture and helped my voice, brilliant service and from genuine people, what a team of stars you have. Hope to be back as a leisure guest the next time and will enjoy your lovely pool and spa.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was great to meet you during your recent visit to Lough Eske Castle as a conference delegate.

I am delighted to hear that you were so impressed with the castle as a conference venue and that you were so well looked after by the team. I do hope your voice has returned to normal!

Your kind compliments are genuinely appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back as a leisure guest when you will have more time to relax and enjoy our wonderful spa, pool and leisure facilities.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Such a beautiful sight while driving in to the grounds,the food was excellent and staff were very polite and would not pass you without a smiling how are you,if you want an escape from hustle and bustle and get spoiled you could not go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for choosing to stay with us at Solis Lough Eske Castle recently and for your wonderful review and recommendation!

I'm delighted to hear that you had such a great experience and that you were so impressed with the castle, the food and the friendliness of our staff.

I sincerely hope that you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
Clanree Hotel
Clanree Hotel
#4 of 12 in Letterkenny

Been to Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!