Chose solis lough eske for wedding anniversary trip. It's a nice hotel in the main, but for 190 euro per night we were disappointed with the stains on the bedroom carpet, the lack of temperature control in the deluxe ground floor room (the underfloor hearing in the bathroom seemed to b stuck at max and when they turned it off it still hasn't cooled down 24 hours later), and the slightly off milk on the table at breakfast. I have travelled extensively and I wasn't impressed by this. When I mentioned the issues at check out the receptionist seemed to have no idea what to say or how to handle it...so perhaps I was the first customer ever to mention things could have been better. Again, not what you'd expect from a 5 star establishment. The table in the dining room was worn with scratches through the stain to bare wood. On the plus side, the staff were pleasant and we had dinner in the restaurant and it was lovely. So overall a bit of a let down in some areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel