Stayed here on Apr 15 for 4 nights.
We stayed in the courtyard room which was very nice although the room was too hot and there was no way to control the temp (only a stat in the bathroom). We brought this up at reception who said they would look into it, but was never resolved.
Now, let me explain the title of this review.... 8.50 for a glass of wine is a joke (a very bad one)!!! Considering a glass of wine down the road in Harvey's Point is 3 Euro cheaper....You just CANT JUSTIFY that difference!
Would like to mention Jimmy in the bar, who was very friendly.
Pool area was very nice too. Food was good.
Overall a nice stay but nearly choked on the wine!!! Go eleswhere if you plan on having a few drinks(in particular wine).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel