This was our 4th visit and the Solis Lough Eske Hotel was as good as it has always been. The staff make the difference and augment what is already a luxurious and well thought out hotel.
The bar experience was incredible - fantastic cocktails, amazing and delicious high quality food with exceptionally attentive and informative staff who made us feel welcome and special. Rachael in particular was informative and professional and she took time out to assist us with our requests.
The breakfast experience is almost beyond compare. It is served in the main restaurant (Cedars) and it is both high in choice and quality. Bill the chef prepares fresh hot food on request. He is charming and gregarious, and obviously never forgets a face as we have been recognised again and again!
The rooms (ours a junior suite) was as beautiful as the last time we stayed. Luxurious, glamourous yet traditional, with a vey modern twist. The surroundings are fabulous..... an oasis of calm.
Our only disappointment was that the wonderfully helpful concierge Michael, was off during our visit.
Cant wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel