We stayed for one night and though expecting a lot given the hotel's rating and its prices, we were delighted and surprised by some unexpected highlights. The staff are very welcoming and consistently courteous right from Samantha and Michael at reception to all the other staff you may meet in the corridors. The bedroom was huge and beautifully decorated with little surprise finishing touches such as the for poster bed, the heated floor in the bathroom and the courtesy drinking water in the fridge. The bed was cosy and ultra comfortable, the other facillities first class. Dinner, seated in a comfortable booth was a really enjoyable experience. The meal was full of taste surprises, the presentation was master chef standard and the service was outstanding. Breakfast reached the same high standards with a very satisfying range of enticing food on offer - one of the best breakfasts we have ever seen, a friendly chef at work and an attentive staff. The grounds are spacious and well cared for with lots of interesting little vistas and well placed statues to attract the eye. The swimming pool, spa and fitness suite are well equipped and attractively presented. In all, a great hotel, warm, welcoming and well worth a visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lough Eske Castle, a Solís Hotel & Spa is a historic castle dating to the 15th century and closely identified with the O'Donnell Clan, the founding fathers of Donegal. Set in a secluded storybook location within 43 acres of native woodland on the shores of Lough Eske with the dramatic Bluestack Mountains as a stunning backdrop, it is the ideal place to relax and experience superior hospitality and exceptional friendly service. Winner of the 'World's Best Luxury Country Hotel' title in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and topping 'My Guide Ireland's Top 10 Hotels in Ireland, this lovingly restored castle hotel blends its historic past with a dash of contemporary luxury where you can escape into a world of relaxed elegance. From the spa to the dining table to your beautifully appointed guestroom, we provide a truly accommodating environment where our dedication to the guest is thoughtful, reliable, consistent and complete - a place where superb service and superior amenities make every day here a perfect day. Step into Solís Lough Eske Castle, and you step into an imposing Tudor-baronial castle, lavishly refurbished in 2007 and extended to create the modern comforts and graceful luxury of a world class boutique hotel. With stunning views and easy access to the great outdoors, the natural, unspoiled landscape is as magnificent as the hotel itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lough Eske Castle Hotel Donegal Town
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Donegal
- Solis Lough Eske Castle Hotel