“A new experience”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Belfast, United Kingdom
“A new experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on a Groupon deal. First time in a 5* hotel and it was just amazing. From the moment we arrived until we left I couldn't really fault a thing. Would highly recommend Cedars restaurant as a treat especially the pork belly starter. The pastries at breakfast are to die for. About 15 mins outside Donegal town even though you feel secluded. Staff were beyond helpful and extremely polite! Made us feel so welcome. Would definitely return in future! Thanks for a wonderful time!

• Stayed February 2013
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay with us and I'm delighted that you had such a great experience. Our team are always delighted to receive such positive and encouraging feedback and are thrilled with your compliments regarding Cedars Restaurant and the pastries at breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. Best regards, Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Armagh
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was my fourth time staying in Lough Eske Castle and everytime I've stayed it's been a 5 star stay I don't know why this hotel isn't the number one in Donegal Town, as I've been to Harvey's Point and it doesn't put a patch on Lough Eske!!!

This place is great and if you haven't been put it on your bucket list and get there, staff are great and can't do enough for you. Rooms are class and the breakfast is second to none, can't wait to get back again. Though with another baby on the way don't know when that will be :(

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank murphstar
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking time to review Lough Eske Castle and for your wonderful comments. I'm delighted that you have stayed with us so many times and that you have enjoyed our very high standards of service and the personal attention that our staff delight in giving each and every one of our guests on each occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back to the castle in the very near future. Kind regards, Mark
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at Lough Eske Castle. We were extremely sorry to leave. Just outstanding in every detail. We were fortunate enough to have booked through a groupon deal and can certainly say it was total value for money in every respect.

The drive up to the castle is amazing and when you first see the castle emerging through the trees, it's such a wonderful sight. I have read other reviews commenting on the wonderful staff - I can only agree, as they are amazing. Their professionalism adds to the sense of luxury and relaxation. We dined in the Gallery Bar on both evenings, the food was of a very high standard and very reasonably priced. On the second night we decided to have a 3 course option. The potato and leek soup was incredible! The fish and chip was very tasty but the real star was the desert - vanilla puffs with berries and melted chocolate. It was sensational, easily enough for 2 people to be honest. Fabulous value, as 3 courses for the both of us worked out at 56 euro.

Our deluxe room was a real treat - the bed was massive and extremely comfortable. Very spacious and the bathroom is a marvel - heated floors, his and hers basins, rainforest shower. Just excepitonal in every respect.

The spa is great as well - great spa pool, 2 saunas, steam room, decent size pool.

What a trip. Cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: The hot stone massage was incredible!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Michael,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding you recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in proving quality and memorable experiences for our guests and I really appreciate you taking time to share yours with us. I'm delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future. Warm regards, Mark
northern ireland
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here before and my partner took me back for a birthday treat. It is my favourite hotel. It is effortless, timeless elegance. From the minute you arrive to the minute you leave not a single member of staff fails to greet you with an hello and a smile.
The bedroom was spotless, four poster bed, well finished and equipped bathroom, good food in the bar, then lovely relaxing spaces with open fires to relax and enjoy.
Breakfast was excellent with a chef on hand to cook eggs and omelette just the way you like.
Spa was spacious and not crowded and the walks and views are breathtaking.
I cannot wait to go back, i am well travelled but honestly this hotel is perfection for me, I am home with my batteries charged with my only regret that I was still not at the castle.

Room Tip: Go relax and enjoy,
1 Thank JAMES m
SolisLoughEske, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Brian,
Thank you for taking time to review Lough Eske Castle and for your very positive and encouraging comments which I have forwarded to all of our staff members. I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future. Best regards, Mark.
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

this hotel is tucked away in the countryside but still close to Donegal town, it is absolutely stunning , felt like a princess in a castle, lovely grounds to walk around. Bedrooms are beautiful. Massive choice at breakfast , can't wait to go back Literally everything is great about this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for taking time to review Lough Eske Castle and I'm delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I have passed your wonderful comments on to our team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the castle again in the very near future. Warm regards, Mark.
Helen's Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ahhh it is always slightly nerve wracking going back to a place where you have had a wonderful weekend before...sometimes it disappoints and you feel cheated of your original happy memories.
We headed back to lough eske castle last weekend fearing we would find faults this time....
NOOOOO it stole our hearts all over again!
2 nights of sheer heaven...our suite over looking the ornamental gardens down towards the spa..the super friendly staff trained to perfection.... by the same manager from the ritz in London, we believe!?
We each had a spa treatment...my lovely girlfriend admitted she felt like a cave woman emerging after her massage...with a head massage...her hair was defying gravity and she was so relaxed her knuckles were practically scrapping on the floor!! She cleaned up well for dinner though...2 exquisite meals on the fri and sat...lovely well dressed crowd and great buzz...nothing stuffy here just classy people all being treated like royalty.

Everyone made us feel so welcome we felt like we did them the favour coming!!
Will we be back...oh yes yes yes.

BUT there is one negative point about the weekend...and I feel it very important to share.
Upon stepping on the scales on Monday morning...I had put on 4 pounds!!
So had I spent less time in the divine morning room by the fire and more time in the spa's posh pool perhaps this wouldn't have happened!!
IN LIFE YOU CAN't have everything...but at Lough Eske castle you feel like you have it all.
X

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are fab..garden suite great for kids..ask for a booth if dining in the restaurant
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ClaireCoughlanSales, Guest Relations Manager at Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Louise,
Many thanks for your wonderful comments! I'm delighted you both had such a fabulous time with us here at Lough Eske Castle. Our team is always delighted to receive such encouraging feedback and we genuinely appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I do hope you both will come back to see us again in the very near future. Kind regards, Mark.
belfast
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent one night here and as soon as we arrived, wished we'd booked more. Lough Eske Castle is a beautifully restored and extended castle hotel. It is hidden down a long winding lane at the edge of Lough Eske. The service had the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism; we felt appreciated, looked after and indulged. The hotel has a beautiful spa included in the room price, which is perfect for relaxing in after a long trek around the lovely Lough Eske and before an exquisite meal at one of the castle's restaurants. The castle bars are atmospheric and cosy, each served by a real open fire. I would highly recommend Lough Eske Castle to anyone seeking a relaxing day or two in sumptuous surroundings set in stunning scenery.

Room Tip: It's worth paying a tiny bit extra to get the full castle feeling by booking a deluxe room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
Thank you for your recent review regarding your your stay with us at Lough Eske Castle and for your kind recommendation. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit and that you found your time with us both relaxing and enjoyable. I do hope that you will return to visit us again in the very near future. Best regards, Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!