“As Expected”

Donegal Manor
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
“As Expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I started planning our trip to Donegal in January and I knew I had come across a gem when I read the other reviews posted on Trip Advisor. We were not dissapointed, Michael & Sian could not have been nicer and they went out of their way to make sure our trip was exceptional.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

A warm welcome, and good service- as other reviewers have said cakes and scones are available basically anytime. The breakfast was good, though a little restricted compared to some B&Bs we had just been staying in, so we were probably spoiled for choice previously. The room was large, well appointed and the hotel is about 2 kilometres out of town. All in all I think ok for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MareeandPhil
Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

If there was an option to give 6 stars, I would give that for Donegal Manor. It is by far, the nicest place we have stayed in a very long time. The owners were extremely accommodating and welcoming. There was homemade brownies, breads & tea/coffee in the lobby on arrival. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. The sheets were even ironed, and there was a small refrigerator, and full tea/coffee making tray in the room. The ensuite was also spotless, and there was little shampoos, lotions and body wash left out. I was really impressed by all the extras for the very reasonable price we paid.

Breakfast was exquisite. Everything is homemade and absolutely delicious. There was a table of homemade breads, jams and chocolates. Then a section of cereals, fruits, seeds, yougart and juices. In addition to this, you order a cooked breakfast from a menu. The omelet, irish breakfast, scrambled egg & pancakes were unbelievable. By far this was the nicest breakfast iIve ever had out. Everything is homemade and perfectly prepared and presented.

I'd highly recommend Donegal Manor to anyone visiting Donegal. The town is only a short drive down the road. The service, cleanliness, attention to detail and exceptional cooking makes this a real find. We will definitely be back!!

Turin, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My triple room was very spacious and comfortable, the three of us had a double bed each, which was fantastic. The room had all the facilities: kettle for tea and coffee, tv set, hair dryer and also a table with two chairs. The bathroom was very clean and spacious too. The Manor is very well located because it is 2 minutes drive from Donegal city centre and it is very quiet. The breakfast was gorgeous and that itself is worth going back there. Home made jams and marmelade, a very big selection of home made and delicious cakes, fresh fruit and the traditional Irish breakfast is fantastic. Bacon, eggs, sausages....they are selected of very good quality and you can taste that. Everything is served very well and we were delighted by it. There is also free parking available.

Roskilde, Roskilde, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

We came with the two kids and the mother, we were greeted with cakes, scones and a nice cup of tea after the long drive, where we sat in the lovely westerfields before trekking to town. The people made us simply feel at home. The view from our window was just breathtaking and the rooms very pleasant. Donegal is about 5 min away by car so this is a lovely base for exploring the area. Breakfast was gourmet, the children got pancakes, I had freshly smoked kippers and the wife and my mother had the full Irish. A lovely little getaway!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I arrived quite late and had an overnight stay here. It is a warm, charming guest house. From the moment you walk in, you feel very welcome. The room I stayed in was very spacious, it was a double room, it also had a sofa, and a fridge. I was very impressed. As i arrived late I filled out the breakfast card. I had a choice of hot breakfast. The following morning I was greeted warmly by Jim and Mel. Breakfast was wholesome and tasty. I ordered the buttermilk pancakes with fresh fruit. What I liked the most was Mel's homemade brown soda bread and pastries. there was an array of fresh berries and fruit. I saw the full Irish breakfast served to other guests and it was looked incredible. I would recommend this guesthouse if you're a foodie like me! I will be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DublinBirdy1
Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived after a very rainy, unfriendly day and the lobby or rather living room with the fireplace and coffee/tea and cakes were more than welcoming. Our room was very comfortable, the bathroom seemed to be brand new and breakfast was delicious. Highly recommended!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town
Sandhouse Hotel
Sandhouse Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh

Been to Donegal Manor? Share your experiences!