“Loved the peace and quiet”
Review of Ard na Breatha

Ard na Breatha
Ranked #4 of 44 Donegal Town B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Stayed here for valentines night, lovely quiet place beautiful scenery. The meal was just fab. service and presentation excellent!! Theresa was an excellent host very welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable and warm but I must add that the restaurant was not as cosy, no heat!! Would def. recomment this B&B and hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ard na Breatha

Reviewed July 9, 2008

We stayed at this place during our recent trip to Donegal.

Bedrooms very comfortable and of a good size; Theresa and Albert Morrow, the proprietors were very hospitable and the food was great. Had a lot of good advice from Theresa about Donegal town and county.

Full address is:

Ard Na Breatha, Drumrooske Middle, Donegal Town.

Website: www.ardnabreatha.com

Tel 074 9722288

Bill Kay

Reviewed July 9, 2008

My wife and I were recently touring Ireland when we decided to stay in Donegal Town for 5 days.We loated the local tourist information office who provided us with a list of places to stay.our luck must have been in when we chose Ard na Breatha.This place is excellent in every way expertly run by Theresa and Albert,all the members of staff were very helpful and polite.the view from our bedroom was magnificent,and all our meals were excllent.We strongly reccommend anyone who maybe in this area look no further,we will certainly stay here again the next time we tour Ireland.Thanks a million.

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank Garros
Reviewed June 27, 2008

It was my good fortune, along with two friends, to visit Ard Na Breatha in June 2008. We were well looked after by our hostess Theresa and her husband Albert. A warm Irish welcome awaited us after a long days journey from the U.K. Everything about Ard Na Breatha was excellent, the hotel is ideally sited within walking distance from the centre of Donegal town. We enjoyed a memorable five day stay, and will certainly return.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank sinbadLancashire
Reviewed May 31, 2008

My sister and I stayed at Ard na Breatha in April. It is beautiful and comfortable. The evening fireplace is delightful as are the owners. Theresa is a marvel and so hospitable. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The food is excellent. It is ideally located near Donegal town and the view from the guesthouse is awesome. I would recommend staying for several days to truly enjoy the country and the wonderful Irish hospitality. I hope to be back. Thank you Theresa for a wonderful experience and the nice hot tea when we arrived early and were waiting for our room to be ready. A true Irish experience. Kathy Parent and Maureen Sulecki

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Dalishus2
Reviewed May 31, 2008

Literally, this hotel was a breath of fresh air, set on a working farm within walking distance of Donegal town. It was found on the Internet by accident, and the photos were so captivating, I just had to book it without checking Tripadvisor first or even afterwards...a walk on the wild side.

Theresa, the owner, greeted us warmly and showed us the room in the purpose built guest house across the courtyard from the restaurant. It was tastefully furnished with every convenience provided: desk, comfortable chair, luggage rack, hair dryer, TV, tea/coffee making setup, toiletries and one added bonus, washcloths. This is something I never bring along on a vacation and dearly miss. In over 20 years of traveling in Europe, this is only the second time I've seen them. Even better was the color, black so a woman can wash off her makeup without ruining the white towels. The thoughtfulness and class of this business shows in the details.

Besides seeing the courtyard and fishpond outside the window, sheep could be seen grazing on the hillside. But no need for counting sheep as the bed was comfortable and the peacefully quiet setting lulled me to sleep.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant and the food was delicious. The usual offerings of breads, cereals, fruit salads, juices and coffee or tea were available, but the hot portion of the meal was listed on a menu for individual selection. Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon made my traveling companion's eyes light up and were perfectly cooked. My full Irish breakfast included 2 eggs, a rarity , and the best bacon and sausage I received during our two week trip. I was delighted to find butter and preserves in small bowls instead of plastic convenience packs. Again, the thoughtful details make all the difference.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vidadoro
Reviewed May 26, 2008

Ard Na Breatha is a beautiful Guest house and working farm in Donegal Town, County Donegal Ireland. I found their website on line and was immediately attracted to the location and the overall facilities offered. Communication with the owner, Teresa Morrow was excellent and I knew my daughter and I would love our stay!
The guest house more than met our expectations. Our room was clean, spacious and beautifully equiped. Guest rooms are located in a separate building joined to the main house with a covered walkway....very private. Our breakfasts (included in the price) were superb! Gourmet fare prepared by Albert Morrow, himself a trained chef. My daughter has a particular love of sheep and the Morrows set aside time to give us a tour of their farm and introduce us to a pair of pet lambs. It was truly a highlight! We felt very well taken care of from the moment we arrived to the time we left. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer! If you are planning a trip to this area of Ireland, I would highly recommend a stay at Ard Na Breatha!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family