“GOOD BUT A BIT TOO PRICEY”
Review of Pearl's Place - CLOSED

Pearl's Place
Cuisines: European, Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Food and service good but a bit too pricey compared to similar places nearby. Place seems new, clean and classy but lacks atmosphere/ambiance...

1  Thank kia d

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hi,
Home in Donegal on my holidays. It was my first in this restaurant as it was not open on my last visit.
The first brilliant thing was that it has it's own parking as a lot of restaurants n donegal town do not have their own parking.
It is an old house renovated n turned into a restaurant... The charter is evident once you step in the door.
In side it has high ceilings, large windows and spacious.
The food n service was fab... Food presentation excellent...
Menu selection is large, you will find something to your liking...

I had the crumbed mussels to start... Melt in your mouth!! So tasty and served with salad n Turkish bread.
For mains I had the pork belly. Very tender, with crispy top served with garlic potatoes...

I would highly recommend for food, service, value and atmosphere...

Fingers crossed I will have time for another visit before I leave

1  Thank Love_food_travel_D
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Had a meal in Pearl's place last night, I have to say it was delicious, lots of fresh food, every mouthful tasted fresh. Could not fault and bit of the meal. Also staff was very friendly and thoughtful, atmosphere was lovely too very homely feeling.

1  Thank Linda B
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were in Donegal for few days, on wed 9th July we were looking for somewhere new to eat, we read d reviews on Pearl's Place, sounded good and was close to Hotel, good parking, was 8.30 ish, we were greeted by very friendly guy, seated quickly, lovely clean and fresh decor, menu was good and very good offer of 2 for 1 on d main course, I opted for d grilled Mussels, other half went for d soup, soup was very good, Mussels not so good, they were very heavily coated in crumbs of some kind, we both opted for the fish n chips, very light and crispy, tasty, creme brûlée and coffee, again both very good, also very good value for monies, well wort a visit

2  Thank Karenmc158
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited here on a Saturday night, meal for 2. Staff were welcoming, and we were seated quickly. The menu is interesting and it was hard to choose a dish. Warm Savoury scone is served with the drinks, and this was delicious. We were also given complimentary tasting portions of soup as our main course were being prepared. This was a nice touch and was also very good. My partner had monkfish for the main, and I had also had a fish dish. These were served with sides of garlic and boiled potatoes. There were varied accompaniments on the plate, while these were all very nice, for me there were a lot of competing flavours going on.
Having said that they were beautifully cooked and presented. We had a lemon tart for desert, this was quite disappointing, while the filling was delicious the pastry was not. Coffee was great, and the price was reasonable.
I have heard great reports of this restaurant, but unfortunately it didn't do it for me. I might try again with different choices though as the staff are so pleasant/hospitable and lots of people love it here!

1  Thank Brooke1971