“Delicious”

Dining options: Reservations
Donegal
“Delicious”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Went to White's on the Diamond on Saturday night and had an extremely enjoyable night. We were in a party of four.
The food was of a very high quality and the service was excellent. The staff were so attentive and they made us feel very special.
I had the scallops to start and i have to say they were beautifully done. I had the monkfish as my main and it was so tasty.
The restaurant itself is a beautiful room in which you can sit, chat and enjoy beautiful food. We all felt so relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed our night. I will be returning again in the near future and will highly recommend it to my friends.

2 Thank Niamh N
Central Hotel D, General Manager at Whites on the Diamond, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review.

I am delighted you had an enjoyable night on your recent visit to "Whites on the Diamond". I have passed your beautiful comments regarding the quality of the food on to Head-Chef Martin McGarrigle. Fine food deserves fine service and I am delighted the service staff made you feel very special. This is what hospitality is all about. We look forward very much to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind regards

Eamonn Gillespie

“Great food, value for money!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my wife are big foodies, and eat out frequently. We decided to give Whites on the diamond a try as we heard great praise from a few of our working colleagues.
Firstly I would like to say the new restaurant is warm and inviting, the decor is modern and contemporary. So therefore I was expecting the food to be on the same par, we were not let down. We both had the smoked duck to start which was tasty and beautifully presented then had rack of lamb again well presented and perfectly cooked, to finish I had the homemade chocolate ice cream with tuilles, very nice which finished of the meal. Overall the meal experience was good value for money excellent, top marks to the chef, Eamon and the new team are doing an excelent job, the only gripe I had was parking in the town...

1 Thank Troy99
Thank you very much for submitting a review.

It is indeed very pleasing to read. It is our goal to provide the best food in town keeping in my mind affordability and delivery of hospitable service. I have passed you compliments on to Head Chef McGarrigle and I have no doubt he will be thrilled with you compliments.
We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Kind regards

Eamonn Gillespie
Donegal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Meal in along time!!!!!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

After searching around Donegal Town to entertain some friends who were visiting we opted for Whites on the Diamond in The Central Hotel. Are we glad we did. There were 8 of us all together and hadn't made a reservation but this was no problem to the pleasant waitress who meet us at the door. Having taken our coats and presented us the menu & drinks list as we waited on the most comfy sofas! Our order was taken and we were promptly shown to our table. From the starters to main course it has to be said "the best meal ever"!!! Everything was cooked to perfection. The men even got to cook their own steaks which was fun to watch. Our friends are still talking about it. If ever in Donegal don't pass Whites on the Diamond for a really good meal and affordable (which is always the best bit). Well done to all involved......We will be back!!

1 Thank D n