“Yum Yum.”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Everything about this little gem of a place is great... the service, the value, the atmo and above all else the food.

1  Thank mary m

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Saturday night was my third night in the tavern in two months. Having walked in without a reservation we found a christening party of 42 ahead of us but the lovely waitress said it would be no problem. We once again had a top class meal that didnt cost the earth in pleasant surroundings delivered by top class staff. I would like to give particular mention to one waitress she is a blonde and she e mailed a receipe to my sister after our first visit in september I cannot recall her name but I would classify her as the head waitress - she is an absolute pleasure to deal with and a huge asset to any business. Her professionalism and pleasant personality know no boundaries. I look forward to my next visit in the spring.

1  Thank Ann K
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I think it's fair to say that without Tripadvisor you would not go to this place, it just looks like a normal pub with normal clientele, you may even go as far to say that some of the bar patrons are a bit "rough", but do not be put off, the food here is simply top notch. We were a party of six and between us we had a decent selection of the menu, it was all terrific and expertly presented. The service is friendly and attentive. This restaurant is the choice of the discerning diner, do not miss it. Be aware that during the off season, ie now, it is not open every night for dinner.

2  Thank browny0508
Reviewed October 25, 2012

from you start to you leave drinks--food--staff only a step away great for kids--and sometimes thats o easy...rnjoy..

1  Thank 504chefA
Reviewed October 15, 2012

As a local, it's fair to say the food served in the Tavern is not typical of what you can get from eateries in the area. The standard fare elsewhere is often governed by the idea than 'more you get the better it is' (typically mountains of mashed potatoes and boiled vegetables).
I've eaten in the Tavern many times and bar some complaints from hypochondriac family members over the speed of service, I've never heard a complaint from anyone. Granted you could probably eat cheaper in the area - between Donegal town and Killybegs, there's no shortage of options - but you will not eat better. Enda and his team can even cater for the unexpected - went there with a vegan who had particular dietary requirements and they were about to serve up a delicious vegan stir fry which just maybe (MAYBE!) was better than what I ordered!

1  Thank ROBoyle