We were only able to spend one night at Harvey's Point due to our busy itinerary, but we really enjoyed our stay, and would visit again if we ever come back to Ireland.
We'd booked the bed, breakfast & dinner package, and on check-in we were offered an upgrade to an executive suite for an extra 20 euros - the suite was huge and beautifully decorated!
Dinner was amazing - the best meal of our trip so far! And at a cost of 80 euros for a 4 course dinner for 2, it was good value, drink prices in the restaurant were also reasonable. Breakfast was also great, with a good selection - creamy porridge with Bailey's and many other tasty treats!
The staff were all really friendly and helpful. And the setting is stunning and peaceful. All of these things combined, resulted in a thoroughly enjoyable stay, and I would recommend Harvey's Point to anyone looking for a special place to stay, as long as you don't mind staying a little bit out of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal