Harvey's Point was an outstanding experience of luxury at a high level. The room comprised of a foyer, minibar area, extensive bathroom and living area. The bathroom was so luxurious that time had to be spent lying in the spa bath with the candles provided (along with the matches) and looking up at a marble figurine placed on a shelf above the bath. The double sinks and dressing table in the bathroom also added to the luxury that you may not usually experience at home. The minibar was well stocked and complimentary tea, coffee (including a cafetere) cookies and fresh fruit were well appreciated.
The living area comprised of a 50" flat screen television, chaise longe, two easy chairs with footstools, a dining table and chairs, a king size bed and writing table - all of which still left loads of room to move around!
As for the food - I have never had food like it! The food was spectacular and finished to a high level. Breakfast in the morning comprised of every imaginable breakfast item including fresh gammoon cut as you waited, freshly squeezed juices (definitely not from cartons) and pancakes made as you waited!
The service was outstanding. All staff made a point of speaking when passing on corridors and Sean the porter was an excellent welcoming face and character, intact with Irish charm. The impressive aspect of the service was when we were checking out and did not realise that we had been booked in for an evening meal on one of the nights - this was simply amended on our bill. Another apsect which was impressive was when we paid our bill and we were asked if we wanted complimentary water and fruit for our journey home - something we have never experienced.
As for the surroundings - totally breath-taking views and an array of walks that take you down by the lough to watch the geese!
A truly idyllic experience!
The only thing was that initially there was no spa mentioned, but, when we arrived there was a leaflet which stated that there was a beauty room whereby you could have reflexology or massages - that will have to happen on the next visit!
On a different note - we attended a wedding on this occasion and it has to be said that any bride would feel totally treasured if having their reception in this venue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal