5,503 results
All reviews the penthouse lakeshore suite cookery demonstration wine tasting noel cunningham lough eske reading room executive room sunday carvery classical music jacuzzi bath attention to detail first class out of this world turf fires lake view second to none
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I recently stayed in the beautiful Harvey’s Point Hotel and our whole experience was just First Class. Both the receptionist and porter went out of their way to make us feel at home, asking us where we were from and was it our first time staying at the hotel, which it was - and I can already confirm that it will not be my last visit! We were mesmerised by our Deluxe Suite - which was so luxurious and spacious - and we were greeted with delicious cookies, chocolate treats and a personal note from the Guest Manager Nicole - such a thoughtful,personal-touch!
We decided on ‘casual dining’ the night we stayed as we had visited the bar on many occasions and the food was always excellent and so reasonably priced. Noel Cunningham-the General Manager-was there to greet us and ensured we were enjoying our stay and spent the evening overseeing both of the dining areas, talking to guests and visitors and making sure that everyone received the best possible experience.
Later in the evening we sampled a few of the cocktails from the extensive cocktail menu and enjoyed a relaxed night listening to the excellent singer that entertained us in the other section of the bar.
In the morning we arrived down for breakfast and could not believe the amount of choice there was! Of course Noel was there again to greet us with a big, warm ‘hello’, once again ensuring the best dining experience for all. Once again the food was absolutely amazing.
We had such a special stay at Harvey’s Point and I would advise anyone to try the food there - whether that be the bar food, breakfast, afternoon tea, or dinner.
The overall experience at Harvey’s Point is excellent, from the porters to the receptionists, waiting staff and the members of the management team under the guidance of Noel, who were all so welcoming, friendly and attentive. I could not recommend Harvey’s Point Hotel highly enough.

Room tip: Views of the Lough Eske
Date of stay: January 2020
noel C, General Manager at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Dear Guest

I will not comment on the many aspects of your visit to Harvey's Point that you mention. Suffice to say that the trouble you took to write such a comprehensive and very positive review of our services and hospitality is very much appreciated.

On behalf of the Team. all of whom will be chuffed to read such a glowing report of your experience, we send a huge thank you. Please do come back again very soon.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed January 20, 2020

My wife and I go to Harvey's Point for two nights every year to celebrate her birthday.
Last year we we were a bit disappointed by what i described to Noel as an uncharacteristic lapse. Noel took this very seriously and asked me to let him know when we would be next visiting - I did so.

We were back this past weekend and the response by Noel to our disappointment was overwhelming. It was obvious that he was even more disappointed than we were about the lapse.

We just want to express our thanks to Noel, Ohran and all the staff for the experience of a lifetime and as an expression of our faith in the future of Harvey's Point we purchased two vouchers to allow our children and their spouses to avail of all that Harvey's Point has to offer.

Room tip: We have been going to Harvey's Point for twelve years and have never had a room that we weren't completely happy with.

Dear Guest

Thank you for the kindest of reviews and the gracious words.

Suffice to say that the Team and I are truly delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I am so happy that this visit cancelled out any memory of a previous lapse in our usual high standards and we look forward to welcoming you back many times to Harvey's Point.

Please let us know when your Family will avail of your generous gift and come to stay with us.

Warmest wishes from all the Team and myself..

Reviewed January 19, 2020 via mobile

We have just returned from the most amazing weekend in Harvey’s Point. I now understand why it has been voted Ireland’s No 1 hotel by Tripadvisor contributors. It is truly a wonderful experience to stay here. From the moment we arrived we got a lovely warm Donegal welcome. Check in was very quick and efficient and we were blown away by our beautiful suite. The lovely fresh cookies, lots of tea and coffee with proper milk were a real treat. The first night we ate in the bar and the food was far superior to usual bar food. We were well advised on wine choices by sommelier Ohran. Live music by resident musician Martin Jonathan was the best we have EVER seen. He played for 4 hours without repeating any songs. Breakfast next morning was the best hotel breakfast we have ever experienced and kept us going for the day. The next night we ate in the restaurant and the food was worthy of a Michelin star. I wish I had taken some pictures of the food! What makes Harvey’s so special are the lovely staff. The service is exemplary and nothing is too much trouble. The customer is King in Harvey’s. I have to compliment the management on how well the staff are trained. It is hospitality at its best here. We’ll be back!

Dear Guest

On behalf of the entire Team I wish to say a huge thank you for the comprehensive and generous review of your stay at Harvey's Point.

The Team, all of whom join me in sending their best wishes, will be chuffed to read such a glowing report.

Our ethos revolves around the Customer having a truly wonderful experience and it is lovely to have this commented upon by our valued guests.

I will end on a musical note with a big thank you in song from Martin Jonathan ..... he is amazing !

Warmest wishes

Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Harveys point is an excellent hotel in a most beautiful location. The staff are so friendly and helpful and their attention to detail is second to none! The Music in the bar by the most talented and professional Martin Jonathan added to us having a most enjoyable stay. This is a real find for us and we will definitely return to this beautiful haven.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for the delightful review of your stay at Harvey's Point.

In a few words you captured the essence of what we try to achieve. The Team, all of whom join me in sending their best wishes will be chuffed to read your generous comments.

Martin Jonathan is a true star and I will convey yous kind wishes.

Warmest regards

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I’ve just returned from Harvey’s Point where we celebrated my husband’s birthday with a group of 40. The experience was without a doubt a 5 star plus one!
The suites are the most comfortable and luxurious I have stayed in; the welcome we got was fantastic; the attention and friendliness of all the staff was amazing.
We dined in the bar on 2 nights. The place is so atmospheric with live entertainment provided. The food was beyond what we would expect from a bar menu.
On Saturday we had a special birthday dinner in the beautiful Garden Suite. The attention and service was terrific. As for the food all courses were of Michelin star quality!
Breakfast in the beautiful lakeside restaurant was a unique experience. Again 5 star quality food!
Noel Cunningham has built a fantastic team here in this wonderful hotel. We will certainly be back.
My only question is why is it not 5 star?

Trip type: Traveled with family
noel C, General Manager at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Dear Guest

Thank you for the delightful review of your visit to Harvey's Point.

It was a pleasure to look after your Party and the Team all join me in sending their very best wishes.

We are happy to be a 4 star property and at all times strive to provide a 5 Star standard of hospitality for our valued guests.

Thank you again for choosing Harvey's Point for such a lovely birthday celebration and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon ..... no significant celebrations required for a reason to return !

Warmest regards