“Stunning .... just stunning”
Review of Harvey's Point

Harvey's Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Perth, United Kingdom
“Stunning .... just stunning”
Reviewed March 16, 2010

One of only three hotels in the world that ticks all the boxes for me. The bedrooms are outrageously roomy and finished to a very high standard. All staff were friendly, professional and efficient. It is impossible to pass a member of staff without them smiling and saying "good morning".
I will definitely be going again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,270)
wexford
Reviewed March 12, 2010

i found all the staff so helpfull & friendly & to anyone staying the weekend sunday lunch a must it was just out of this world

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Co. Antrim, N. Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2010

My husband and I have been going to Harvey's Point every November for the past 6 years. It is the highlight of the winter for us and we always cherish our visit to Donegal; we book year on year and this hotel has never failed to impress. The staff are charming and very knowledgeable; the rooms are extremely comfortable and spacious and the food in the dining room is fabulous!! Even when the Donegal weather is bad, it is just so peaceful sitting in the reading room and staring out at the Blue Stack Mountains and Lough Eske. A little piece of Heaven on earth..................

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank fionar1303
Dublin
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed for Valentines weekend and everything was perfect! Rooms so big you have a doorbell! We ordered room service and when it arrives the lay the table in the window with linen tablecoths, flowers..the works! Bathrooms are huge, well equipped and I especially loved the make up table with the lights all around the mirror.
Dinner in the gourmet restaurant was outstanding, 5 courses not including the amuse bouche and chef sample of dessert. Every morsel was delocious. On our second night we ate in the steakhouse were the food is also good but not a patch on the gourmet menu.
All staff were very welcoming accommodating and went out of thier way to help. Sally, Joanne and Damien deserve a special mention for going over and above the call of duty :)
The beds are huge - I could roll over 4 times and not reach the other side! Surroundings of the hotel are fabulous also/

I would recommend this to anyone who likes relaxation , good food, good wine and pure and utter luxury

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
suzry
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We had a lovely weekend break in this hotel. The service and food were excellent. The staff were really friendly and made us feel so looked after. Our room was enormous and comfortable. The hotel isn't trendy and new but the trade off is a very comfortable hotel (with open fires) run to a very high standard and without the little niggles that are inevitable in newer places. And breakfast was abundant and delicious- alway a winner!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I stayed here in November 2009 . From the start to finish I was treated like royalty. The receptionist was friendly and welcoming. The resturant manager was excellent and it clearly shows that he loves his job. The conceirge was again friendly and engaged in small talk which was most welcomed after a long day traveling on my own.The book room was indeed relaxing. The only fault i found was on my side that I didnt bring my dog as i hear that Dogs are very welcomed, perhaps nex, time :) The food was incrediable. The hotel def deserves 5 stars

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
kildare
Reviewed December 16, 2009

I spent a couple of days in this fabulous hotel in Nov and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. I have seen that some of the reviews thought the service was impersonal but I found the opposite, they couldn't have been nicer. The room was huge and so too was the bathroom. I was a little taken aback when I saw the bog water in the bath (very brown) but when you get over the look of it, my skin felt great after the bath. Make sure you try the smoothies and the gammon at breakfast, divine! I would love to have stayed longer and taken advantage of the fabulous walks surrounding the hotel. I was surprised before I went that there was no spa or leisure centre but by the time I was leaving I reckon they don't need them. It is a perfect place to relax and unwind. I will be back.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!