Just returned from a 4 day break at Harvey's Point, and I have have to say that it did not disappoint. Booked the penthouse suite as a special treat and WOW! From the minute we checked in, we felt like VIP's, nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We arrived early and although check in wasnt until 4pm, our room was going to be ready by 2pm - not a problem as we were booked in for Sunday Lunch.
Easter Sunday Carvery was an experience! We had a very light brekfast before we left, in anticipation of lunch - boy, am i glad it was light. We were served with soup to our table which was delicious, then we were on our own to help ourselves! The starters were amazing, from the cold meats and cheeses to the poached salmon and mussles. Salads were plentiful and the chef was on hand to help if required. Main course was a choice of lamb, pork, turkey or gammon, each carved by the polite chef who always asked if your portion was acceptable or if you wanted more. Potatoes and veg followed and the portions were huge! If you left hungry, it was your own fault. Dessert was another feast for the eyes! Every dessert you could imagine was available. The carvery was delicious but we have decided that it is not for us, my partner has recently undergone hip surgery and is just finding his feet, to have to queue and serve yourself is not easy for him at the minute, we would rather have the meal brought to the table. This is in no way a fault or with the hotel, just our personal preference at this time.
Our suite was out of this world, spacious beyond belief and so light with lots of windows which let the birdsong in aplenty. The sofas and furniture were stylish and comfortable, the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. Extra pillows were available if required. A luxurious bathroom suite complete with large whirlpool bath and private bar area completed the suite. The housekeeping staff were fantastic each morning, they were through and discreet, polite and always had a smile for the guests.
We availed of room service on 2 mornings. Brekfast was served professionally, politely and promptly. It was lovely having a leisurely brekfast feast overlooking the lake. Brekfast in the dining room was also a very pleasant experience. Marie and Lisa were ever smiling and always wished us a good day as we were leaving.
On the morning we were leaving we had the fabulous Brendan to help with the bags, he is a credit to the hotel with his chatty manner and helpful attitude. He produced 2 bottles of water for us to take with us for our trip home.
Harvey's Point did not disappoint in any way, we enjoyed the peace and quiet of our 4 days, and cannot thank the staff enough for making our stay a relaxing and extremely enjoyable experience. We cannot wait to return in the not to distant future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal