“Relaxing time”
Review of Harvey's Point

Harvey's Point
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Donegal Town
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Just returned from a two night stay and our time here was so relaxing.
The staff were great and could not do enough for us. It was my wife's birthday on the Thursday and everyone made her feel great. The food was great and as for the delux room with the jacuzzi bath we both had a great time. This was our second stay at Harvey's . We will be planning another trip here soon.

Room Tip: Any room they are all great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Brian,

Thank you for your kind words following your second visit to Harvey's Point. We are delighted that you chose our hotel to celebrate your wife's birthday. Please extend our very best wishes to her.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing leisure break soon.

There are newer reviews for Harvey's Point

Reviewed March 22, 2014

This was a christmas present for myself and my husband. We were in on of the deluxe rooms which were spacious and luxurious. Fab service and beautiful food. Dinner menu was very different but v good. The service was great. An overall great experience away from the hustle and bustle of a city.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank curlysuecathy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words following your recent visit to Harvey's Point. We are delighted that you enjoyed your 'Christmas present' in our hotel. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again sometime in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We have just returned from a great weekend at Harveys Point. It never disappoints words alone cannot describe this Gem. The food, surroundings, welcome of the staff is memorable. This was our first visit since the changes to the dining room and bar, the improvements have enhanced the experience. Look forward to a repeat of the Harveys Point experience soon.

Room Tip: Any room delivers

Dear Jayne,

We are very happy to learn that you are impressed with our 'new-look' Restaurant and Bar. Thank you for your lovely compliments.

We really appreciate your continued loyalty over the years. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Deirdre, Marc & Team

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Excellent hotel ,fabulous food , rooms were so comfortable and clean ,fabulous surroundings ,beautiful area , staff were so pleasant and attentive,a special thanks to Nancy, this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and will definitely return .

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul and Kate,

Thank you most sincerely for your kind words following your recent visit to Harvey's Point. It was our pleasure to welcome you both.

Nancy is thrilled to receive a special mention. Nancy has been part of the Harvey's Point Family since the early years and she represents all that is great about the Irish hospitality industry.

We look forward to extending another warm welcome to you on your return visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Okay, so I had high expectations of Harvey's, knowing about its awards, but hadn't looked through the photos, so it was all a surprise to me.

The Lobby is quite small, but is adorned with a beautiful chandelier and is lined in mahogany wood panelling. This creates an old world, somewhat 90's feel. And I LOVE it. Whilst big airy modern lobbies are nice, this is welcoming and cosy. Donna, gave me warm welcome and accompanied me to my room.

The walk to the rooms is also beautiful, more mahogany panelling and real orchids lining the walls. The huge chandelier at the entrance to the bedroom corridor is spectacular. Donna lead me into the bedroom and I was absolutely blown away. I was so impressed. There is a hallway and then a lobby and the bathroom is beyond expectations. It was all so luxe and glam. The fridge is well stocked and the complimentary cookies and fruit was a lovely touch.

The bedroom itself is huge and the bed is magnificent. A massive tv in the corner and two Queen Anne chairs, which I worried might be uncomfortable to watch tv in, but turned out to be super comfortable.

When Donna left, I noticed that classical music was piped into the bathroom. What an amazing touch?

I am a female business traveller, travelling on my own and so when asked at reception, would I like to book a table at the restaurant, I was advised there was a bar food option.

I went down with my laptop, but couldn't find a plug to plug it in, as all the plugs were hotel plugs. The girl behind the bar located one in an awkward corner for me. I sat down and waited ten mins for someone to come, but was ignored. So, I went up and asked for the menu, the casual dining one. The barman sourced it for me, and I have to admit, I was disappointed in the selection. I sat back down and waiting another ten mins and was once again ignored (can I just mention though that the wifi signal is very strong - thats a major bonus). I walked back up to the bar and the bar man asked if I was ready to order which I was and he then said I'd need to go into the restaurant to eat and order my food. This took me back. I'm travelling solo with my laptop, sitting in a fine dining restaurant is not what I was there for. So, I gathered my belongings and headed back to the room. Donna met me in reception and I expressed disappointment about the bar food situation and she suggested I ordered to my room which I did. I had hoped the room service charge would have been knocked off as the hotel wasn't catering for my needs as such, but it wasn't. And truthfully, the Glam Burger was greasy and disappointing. But hey... I loved this place so much, I didn't let it get in the way of my enjoyment.

Slept well in the bed, and couldn't wait for breakfast. Luckily, all my expectations were met. The breakfast room is so beautiful, once again adorned with the wooden panelling and I was greeted by an older lady who suggested a table by the window overlooking the lake. Usually, I have my head buried in a newspaper during breakfast, but I just sat and took it all in, observing the fat ducks waddling around the and the little sparrows searching for crusts. The food at breakfast was delicious. Hard to get scrambled eggs right in hotels, but I couldn't have made nicer myself. Was offered some gammon, which I declined, opting for the crispy bacon instead. The natural yogurt had lots of accompanying choices, I decided on the coulis and the granola. YUM!

Really can't wait to come back with my family. I read on an earlier review, one night here is like a week's holiday elsewhere, and I tend to agree.

Well done Harvey's Point!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read your detailed account of your recent visit to Harvey's Point. We genuinely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as it is this sort of information that is so valuable to us in terms of measuring our performance.

We are always keen to learn new ways to improve or fine tune our service and our product. As a female business traveller myself, I understand the environment that is required for this market. Rest assured that we will work on the details you mentioned. Thank you for this opportunity. Thank you also for your personal telephone call to me, outlining the details of your review. I look forward to meeting you next time.

Warm greetings from Donna on reception and Nancy in the restaurant who are delighted to receive a special mention.

It is encouraging and rewarding to know that you hope to make a return visit with your family. We will have our famous Harvey's Point welcome ready for you all.

Kindest personal regards,

Deirdre

Reviewed March 20, 2014

From the entry to the dining room just fab-ul-ous dahling! Been a few times only for drinks and meals but we would highly recommend. The staff are knowledgeable and charming. We look forward to a return soon. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank WeeBee52
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It gives us great pleasure to welcome our discerning guests to our hotel and we are always thrilled to hear that an enjoyable experience is had. Please be assured that we will continue to raise the bar.

We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

What a dream hotel! The finest quality and the little touches that all make the experience of Harvey's Point so memorable!

Staff are first class-five star quality

Evening meal in the restaurant was fantastic and breakfast was of high standard and delicious!

Easily the overall experience makes it the best hotel I've ever stayed in and i would highly recommend to my family and friends

1  Thank Sculli0n
Deirdre M, Owner at Harvey's Point, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you most sincerely for your highly positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on the Harvey's Point Experience. It is always our pleasure to delight our guests by exceeding expectations. Please be assured that we will continue in our journey towards excellence in hotel keeping and hospitality.

Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. We hope to see you again sometime in the not too distant future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Donegal Town
#1 of 1 in Rossnowlagh
The Central Hotel - Donegal
The Central Hotel - Donegal
#5 of 7 in Donegal Town

Been to Harvey's Point? Share your experiences!