My boyfriend and I recently stayed for the weekend in a Lough Shore suite, which was spectacularly appointed and very luxurious. The rooms left us wanting for nothing, especially the large bathroom with a claw foot slipper bathtub. All the touches were there to make this weekend feel like it was a special occasion.
The hardworking staff were always pleasant and friendly, and the food in both the bar and the restaurant was top class. I particularly recommend their freshly baked artisan bread selection, available every morning for breakfast.
I also must commend the hotel and its staff for their efficiency in balancing functions such as weddings with the ordinary guests and their needs - there was a wedding on both nights of our stay, but there was no noise, interference or other detraction from the ambience of the hotel. Having stayed in many hotels taken over by weddings, it was nice to see a hotel maintain its character for the guests no attending the weddings.
Definitely splash out on a few nights in Harvey's Point for a special occasion, or just for pure relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal