We enjoyed this hotel last year so much we decided to go back again this year. We are glad to report that everything was as before but was even probably somewhat better, helped in no small way by the heat wave during our stay. The staff are really wonderful & Deirdre the GM leads by example in personally greeting guests during their stay. The new fish restaurant is superb as is the live music each night - pianist / singer ( Dean Martin oldies).
The cabaret show on the Wednesday throughout the summer is really most enjoyable - Roly Daniels & Noel Cunningham etc were outstanding along with the wonderful dinner.
I am not surprised the hotel wins so many awards - it is a really superb location for a break and so well managed.
It seems to be very popular for weddings - there were 3 while we were there - but we were only barely aware of them due to the layout of the complex and location of the function rooms.
We are already looking forward to going again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal