I stayed recently in the beautiful Harveys Point Hotel in Donegal.I was blown away by the raptorous welcome I recieved on arrival and was shown to my room overlooking the scenic lake.
The room was a large suite,with hugh bathroom bedecked in marble ,dressing room mini kitchen ,sitting area and two king size beds..This is the standard room!! Things couldnt get any better I thought..
I arrived down to reception where I met Deirdre the delightful owner and her lovely husband Marc. They are a wonderful couple who are so natural and friendly I felt I knew them for years!
I had coffee and hot scones at the turf fire and then walked around the super grounds which are one of the most scenic I have experienced in a while.
The majestic mountains sweep down to the lake which has swans and ducks and the surrounding trees are alive with birdsong.
There was a Watercolour Course taking place and I could not think of a more perfect place to learn to paint.
I sat by the window for dinner and the food was tasty and plentiful.
After a great sleep in my comfy cosy super kingsize bed I headed down to breakfast where again I sat looking out over the misty lake nestled beneath the towering purple mountains..
The breakfast was again fab,from the homemade porridge with Baileys to the amazing omelettes done on the spot by the eversmiling chef.
This is indeed a treasure of a hotel made ever so special by all the staff,especially the Super Noel,a Tv Star ,who meets and greets all the guests in such a jovial manner.
Hugh Congrats to Deirdre ,Marc, Noel, and their amazing team of helplful friendly staff to made my first visit to Harveys Point such a memorable one. I am already so looking forward to a return visit to your 1st class hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal