this is a nice hotal by most standards but unfortunately we were left disappointed. As a surprise for my husband's 60th I had booked 3 nights with gourmet dinner having already contacted the hotel to request if they could cater for him as he has cancer and has had to become vegan (apart from being able to eat some fish) with the dinner on the wednesady night which they had told me they could. After booking i emailed them to advise that another couple were also coming to stay and to request a lochview table for the four of us, only to be told that the restaurant was closed that night for a cabaret. Disappointed but having accepted this i decided to book the gourmet dinner for the night before his birthday for just the 2 of us. It became obvious during the meal that they had not really considered his dietary requirements- starter had to be returned and no dessert options and we felt he was just given "something to eat". We alos ate in the bar on the thurs night and again he was not really considered and had to eat what he could cobble from the main menu. We are lucky to regularly have the opportunty to eat in many fine dining establishements and to date almost 99% of them have been able to produce an excellent, individual menu for him that does not make him feel like a leper. Harvey's Point was not one of these and the waiting staff obviously were aware of this as they offered us a complimentary digestive!!!!
In short: staff great, room exceptional value, abilty to cope with anything individual with food severely lacking especially as this was a very special event. We thought they were more interested in making sure cabaret guests were catered for. Unfortunately we would not return unless their kitchen could address this and we would not recommend it to our friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is an air of Romance at Harvey's Point, set in the mystical, magical shadow of the Blue Stack Mountains on the shores of Lough Eske. Owned and managed by the Swiss Family Gysling since it opened in 1989, Harvey's Point has developed into the leading destination hotel of the Northwest, specialising in top class accommodation, exquisite cuisine and genuine Donegal welcome. Named TripAdvisor '№ 1 Hotel in Ireland' for the fifth year in a row, 10th best in Europe, AA two rosette restaurant and ‘Hotel of the Year 2017' by Georgina Campbell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Harvey's Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harvey`s Point Hotel Donegal Town
- Harveys Point Hotel Donegal
- Harveys Point Donegal